FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony ClipBrowswer to external bluray

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Richthammer
Sony ClipBrowswer to external bluray
on Oct 5, 2011 at 5:18:10 pm

Maybe this has been covered but I can't dig it up. I want to use the ClipBrowser software to copy clips directly from my cards to an external blu ray burner. I would like to be able to just select the external drive as the destination in the explorer window. Can I do this directly through ClipBrowser or do I have to just transfer the BPAV files using my computer with something like Sonic. I like the fact that the ClipBrowser will check the clips that get copied. Does anyone have an external burner/reader that they might recommend?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sony ClipBrowswer to external bluray
on Oct 5, 2011 at 6:11:31 pm

I go from ClipBrowser to hard drive to external Blu-ray. This way I have two copies of the BPAV (and Blu-ray backs up in case of hard drive fail). Then I rewrap to .mov so I end up with BPAV and .mov on hard drive and another BPAV on Blu-ray.

Return to posts index

Bob Richthammer
on Oct 6, 2011 at 1:05:44 pm

Craig, thanks for the response. Does the Clipbrowser recognize the external blu ray drive in the Explorer window and copy directly to it? If I try to copy my files from my card reader to an internal DVD drive, the clipbrowser won't do that. I have to manually move the BPAV files using my computer outside of clipbrowser or go through something like Sonic. Also, what external blu ray drive do you have and are you happy with it? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 6, 2011 at 2:58:33 pm

I always go to hard drive first with ClipBrowser with CRC on. Once on the hard drive I split the BPAV (usually 32GB) to fit on Blu-ray. I then burn to external Blu-Ray (Pioneer series).

Never drag and drop.
I wouldn't attempt to split and write to Blu-ray if it were recognized (and it may not be) because of the possibility of a write failure. Also burning would never be as fast as copy to hard drive. I'd rather have the BPAV safely copied to hard drive and the source media removed from computer contact while I take the step to burn to Blu-ray. I think this is a more secure workflow.

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
on Oct 12, 2011 at 9:58:07 am

Craig,
I'm new to th EX w/flow. What do you mean split? or is there a tutorial somewhere that would make your reply easier?
tnx,
Hal

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]