FORUMS: list search recent posts

does deleting clips in XDCAM TRANSFER delete them permanently?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tamsyn Reynolds
does deleting clips in XDCAM TRANSFER delete them permanently?
on Sep 29, 2011 at 12:20:50 pm

hello

I recently pulled some mxf clips into XDcam tranfer and then deleted them from xdcam transfer. Would this delete them permanently from my drive? If so, is there any way of getting them back??

the clips have gone missing

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Will Torbett
Re: does deleting clips in XDCAM TRANSFER delete them permanently?
on Sep 30, 2011 at 5:05:59 pm

No, if you remove clips or cards from your import queue in XDCAM Transfer, you are not deleting them. Naturally, there are two main ways you'll be looking at media in XDCAMTransfer - either from the card itself or from the card's contents as copied to a hard drive or disc image. Either way, removing the clips or cards just removes it from the queue or ejects the disc (or disc image). In that case, remounting will do the job.

Return to posts index

Curro Novallas
on Mar 2, 2013 at 1:00:48 pm

Hi, I´ve accidentaly deleted a few clips from the Sony XDCAM Transfer application. Not from the "source" window but from the one to its right. What I mean is I didn´t "remove" or "eject" the source. I actually deleted a few clips.
And now when I go to the folder where the mxf used to be they aren´t there anymore.

The trash bin is empty.

Anyone could tell me if they are gone forever? Is there any way to recover them?

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Trey Leitko
on Apr 18, 2013 at 7:01:53 pm

I just did the same thing. Any ideas? My Trash is empty. I cant believe it just deletes them right off the hard drive.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]