FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with converting MP4 to MXF

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Taylor
Trouble with converting MP4 to MXF
on Sep 5, 2011 at 8:25:38 am

Hi all,

Last week we did a day of filming and something happened to the card causing it to corrupt and as a result Clip Browser couldn't see any of the clips and the BPAV folder looked empty in Explorer. After a few different attempts to recover the files I manged to get 95% of the MP4 files back.

But now I am stuck as Premiere and AE on my system here at work are struggling to edit with these MP4 files. I usually convert to MXF files from the card and edit with those as it runs much faster but I can't get Clip Browser to recognise the MP4 files that I recovered. I have come to the conclusion it must be due to the fact that the filing order is gone (BPAV > CLPR etc) and all those other little files that are usually with the MP4 are also gone (SMIL, PPN, XML and BIM)

Is there any other way for me to convert these stand alone MP4 files to MXF with Clip Browser?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Trouble with converting MP4 to MXF
on Sep 6, 2011 at 10:34:39 pm

[Joel Taylor] "Is there any other way for me to convert these stand alone MP4 files to MXF with Clip Browser?"
Depends.
Clip Browser can rebuild a new BVPA folder with the MP4 files, BUT recovered MP4 files from card failures get easily corrupted.
Try import the MP4 in Clip Browser. If CB accepts the files, you got it.
If CB reject them, you will need a professional help.
"Aeroquartet" (http://www.aeroquartet.com/) seems the only solution.
I've personally used and its works.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Kayla Wang
Re: Trouble with converting MP4 to MXF
on Jul 22, 2013 at 10:03:53 am

Maybe u can try TransMXF, I have used the Mac version for a period of time and has no problem, it may help u 2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]