FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA Support... where to DL?

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Dragovits
AMA Support... where to DL?
on Sep 1, 2011 at 12:11:33 am

Hey all,

I just finished a shoot where the footage was shot on a Sony EX-3. The studio transferred my footage to a Western Digital HD, and now I want to get the footage into Avid. I just switched from FCP over to Avid a week ago, so this new pipeline is a little different for me. I know I need to download a plug-in for AMA support, but when I search online I cannot find a link to get the correct version. There is an update, but it says you need to have an earlier version for that to work. Since I don't own the camera, I don't have the original file. I thought I might be able to find it online, but so far I've had no luck.

Can anyone tell me where I can download the proper files to get my Avid system to use AMA to read the files shot on the EX-3?

I am running on a Quad Core with Intel Xeon Processors. OS 10.6.8

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: AMA Support... where to DL?
on Sep 1, 2011 at 1:00:49 am

You can download the AMA plugin here:

http://support.sonybiz.net/software/detail.aspx?id=BPE-SS-03MD&model=PDZK-M...

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Sep 1, 2011 at 1:25:30 am

I'm in the United States and it doesn't have a drop down in the "country" window to select the US. Do you happen to know of a link for US citizens?

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Sep 1, 2011 at 2:12:47 am

BTW, I've checked out Sony's page at:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=394827

However, when you click on the link it takes you to a page where you need to contact Sony Technical Support for the upgrade? Do they charge for a simple firmware upgrade? There are tons of editing studios that get footage from Sony Cameras that don't own the exact camera. Is Sony charging just to get AMA functionality?

I don't have any firmware currently installed for the Avid, so I'm starting at square one. I'm going to call Sony tomorrow to follow up on this, but I had hoped to DL the files so I could start capturing tonight...

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 1, 2011 at 2:54:07 am

I'm in the United States and it doesn't have a drop down in the "country" window to select the US.

You're talking about registration? Just select a different country then.

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Sep 1, 2011 at 3:09:07 am

That's true. I wasn't sure if the plug-in would vary from country to country to support different languages on the interface.

Dragzz

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Sep 1, 2011 at 3:21:47 am

No worries Matt, seems like you've found it. Thanks for posting back with the alternative link.

Cheers
Andy

Return to posts index

Matt Dragovits
on Sep 1, 2011 at 3:03:26 am

Ok everyone, I found the correct page and wanted to share it. I was able to download both the viewer and the plug-in. Both work perfectly.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-xdcamexsite/resource.downloads

Dragzz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]