FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error Initialising database error, need to transfer NOW!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
Error Initialising database error, need to transfer NOW!
on Aug 19, 2011 at 12:02:17 pm

Hi guys
Im on location, macbook pro crashed, corrupted the database somehow,
I unistalled xdcam transfer and reinstalled, removed the plst prefs thing, but still corrupted
Please help!
Mark

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Error Initialising database error, need to transfer NOW!
on Aug 19, 2011 at 12:30:14 pm

Hi Mark

You may want to go into the XDCAM Transfer prefs and change the Import Cache location or delete the existing one as you may have a corrupt or unrecognized database at the default location (which is at ~/Library/Application Support/Sony XDCAM Transfer <-- delete that folder)

Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:10:36 pm

Hi there Andy,
thanks for the quick response... i tried log and trasnsfer instead of xdcam transfer, and it worked!! thank god! now i am rendering, but once that is done I will try your solution... though I will be off Apple products sometime soon, so will not need that, but I will definitely try it in case I need to transfer again before selling the MBPro.

Tx again!
Mark.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Aug 19, 2011 at 1:53:44 pm

Delete the XDCAM Transfer database folder at User/Library/Application Support/Sony XDCAM Transfer. Then relaunch the app. A new SQL database will be generated when you restart.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Aug 19, 2011 at 4:00:04 pm

yep, thanks ian and andy, that works...
all fine now, but hell, my mbp feels like it is going to melt, just rendering h.264's from the camera files... and slooooow.... especially when most the office is leaving for the weekend already and the sun is out!

cheers
Mark.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 19, 2011 at 5:02:43 pm

[Mark Palmos] " my mbp feels like it is going to melt, just rendering h.264's from the camera files"

That's what my Matrox MXO2 with MAX is for. My 2008 15" MBP with MAX can out render my MacPro 8 Core (also 2008) with a QuickCluster. Depending on the settings it can get pretty close to real time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]