FORUMS: list search recent posts

timecode rewriting

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael O'Reilly
timecode rewriting
on Aug 10, 2011 at 4:30:19 pm

I thought that a clever script might have been generated for this already. This is with XDCAM disks, but I don't see a forum for that so I am posting here.

I have hundreds of clips from XDCAM disks that are to be consolidated to new disks. Many of the clips to be consolidated have overlapping TC since typically each disk starts fresh from 1:00:00:00. The editor wants to see unique TC (preferrably continuous from one clip to the next).

Is there a way to select 100 clips, put them in one FCP sequence so there iscontinuous TC, but render out discrete clips through some automated script ? I have tried to make hundreds of sequences to match the clips, but FCP doesn't like that many sequences and keeps crashing.

or is there a "replace timecode in quicktime metadata" command I don't know about ?

Posting multiple places - sorry if you get this more than once

mike o

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
Re: timecode rewriting
on Aug 12, 2011 at 5:08:27 pm

Are you using a PDW-U1? If you open up the U1 Utility, there is a setting which says something like 'Generate Contiguous Timecode' under User Settings. If you select this, then I believe the clips will end up on the disc with the required timecode. The only issue will be making sure that the clips are written in the correct order.

If you are using a deck, then there is probably a similar option somewhere, but I don't know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]