FORUMS: list search recent posts

Brief update re OSX Lion Compatibility in XDCAM Browser, XDCAM Transfer, Avid AMA

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Cook
Brief update re OSX Lion Compatibility in XDCAM Browser, XDCAM Transfer, Avid AMA
on Aug 5, 2011 at 5:58:25 pm

All-

Here is a brief update re current XDCAM software and Mac OS Lion support. It is admittedly incomplete and I know there are likely to be questions re integration and features, accompanying drivers, and FCPX; I will address these in a forthcoming update.

XDCAM Browser v 2.0 with Lion support will be available in October.

XDCAM Transfer 2.13 with Lion support will be available in September.

Avid AMA v 1.3 with Lion support will be available in September.

VFAM 3.0 (for PDW-U1 and forthcoming PDW-U2), FAM, SxS drivers: TBA

We found out recently that we will in fact have one more version of XDCAM Transfer to look forward to-- a pleasant surprise, to put it mildly. It will be import-only, but with XDCAM Browser on the same system the updated Export module in Browser (which is functionally the same as Transfer's) will handle rewrapped exports to both .mp4 and .mxf. The workflow should be more or less the same as it is using Transfer for import/export except that to export you will select Export-->XDCAM Browser to open the Export dialog.

XDCAM Browser 2.0 will contain various updates and improvements including (chargeable/optional) support for planning metadata and Live Logging for PDW models and also the PMW-500 hybrid ex/optical camcorder and the PMW-F3. XDCAM Browser 1.3, which will be posted shortly, will have updates to address known bugs and also support for standalone operation when rewrapping to .mov for Final Cut Pro.

I will post additional info re FCPX and driver support shortly.

Also, as many of you know the Sony pro software/parts site is undergoing some maintenance and is currently unavailable. In the meantime most of the current XDCAM software and firmware is available at http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads. For parts questions, please continue to call the parts group at 800/538-7550. For software/download related questions please call our support team at 800-883-6817, ops 2/4/1.

Ian

Legal stuff: This information, including specifations and suggested workflows, is subject to change. XDCAM and Lion support in FCP, Avid and other NLEs is of course contingent upon support for the NLE software itself under the new OS, and Sony makes no claims or guarantees re these products or their support/development schedules.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Brief update re OSX Lion Compatibility in XDCAM Browser, XDCAM Transfer, Avid AMA
on Aug 5, 2011 at 9:12:40 pm

Ian thank you - very good news especially XDCam transfer and Lion. Look forward to news on FCPX

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Have you tried "Search Posts"? Enlightenment may be there.

Return to posts index

Daniel Goyette
Re: Brief update re OSX Lion Compatibility in XDCAM Browser, XDCAM Transfer, Avid AMA
on Aug 8, 2011 at 6:15:20 am

Thank-you Ian for all the infos about the support coming for your XDCAM line of products and softwares.
I have do a few test and can say XDCAM Browser 1.2.1 and XDCAM Transfer 2.12 work for XDCAM EX under Lion with the XDCAM EX PMW-EX1 for copy and wrapping in .mov even if not supported , i know.
For those of you who buy a new Mac who will come with lion that at least a good news untill the updates.
XDCAM Transfer 2.12 will give you a message about metadata error but i think it is for XDCAM Pro Disc.
I dont say go for Lion now but at least it seem to work if your in for a new Mac who come with Lion only.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VID√ČO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
http://www.productiondgoyette.com

Return to posts index

Dave Hurley
on Aug 28, 2011 at 4:34:36 am

Thanks for this good information. I have no choice but to work with these XDCAM clips in FCP7 and alas, did not discover the Lion incompatibility until after I installed on my MBP. I can go to anther Snow Leopard desktop to ingest for now, but until I can/do alter my workflow (TBD), the FCP7/Lion enviro will probably be my reality for a while.

"...all the labours of the ages, all the devotion, all the inspiration, all the noonday brightness..." yada yada

Return to posts index

elise london
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:42:38 pm

xdcam transfer 2.13 is out! it's not online yet but I called sony and a nice rep emailed me a link to download it!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Oct 3, 2011 at 7:52:05 pm

You might want to post this info at the top of the forum as these old threads are going to be hard to find beyond those who participated in them.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Oct 4, 2011 at 2:03:30 pm

Apologies for the delay in getting 2.13 on the site. In the meantime the release version of Transfer 2.13 can be downloaded from our FTP server. This download account is valid for 1 week. If the software isn't posted by then I'll renew the link for another week.

ftp://65.196.27.198
username: xdcam
password: pdzkp1

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Jun 2, 2012 at 7:57:04 pm

I can't find 2.13 on the sony site. Have you moved away from XDCAM Transfer to exclusively XDCAM Browser? Is there a way to get XDCAM Transfer for Lion?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jun 4, 2012 at 1:58:34 pm

it's still on the download site (http://www.sony.com/xdcam-downloads) but it's been moved to the 'Legacy Applications' area.. Go to the 'Applications, Plugins and Drivers' tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Return to posts index

Manuel Perez
on Oct 3, 2011 at 8:48:43 pm

golly, could you share that link with some of us who are waiting and cannot work without it-we'df be so grateful

Return to posts index

Guillem Ventura
on Oct 4, 2011 at 10:38:22 am

Hi,

Posting that link, or at least this nice Sony's rep, would be great!

-Guillem @ Blur Producciones, Madrid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]