FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Browser confused

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Pestes
XDCAM Browser confused
on Aug 4, 2011 at 7:20:00 pm

OK, I have been using XDCAM Transfer with no problems but now I need to work with Windows. I can't find a Window version so I am trying to figure out the new Browser. I have printed and looked through the manual (all 159 pages of it) but can't see how to download clips beyond the BPAV folder. So how do I get usable and viewable clips that can go into FCP and Premiere? How do I convert them? Do they have to go to MXF? How do I do large batches at once? Am I missing a page or is there another procedure I am missing?

ronpesteshdvideo.com
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro
New convert to Adobe CS5.5 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM Browser confused
on Aug 4, 2011 at 9:35:07 pm

Highlight the clips you want to convert, right click and select Export, then choose the appropriate MXF version. The first option is a re-wrap only and will output files that can be used in most Windows based NLEs as well as Mac-based Media Composer and Premiere. The other options are transcodes and work in demo mode until you buy the Main Concept key. Without a key you can use these but the files will be watermarked. These options are mostly for exporting to XDCAM optical disc machines so it's unlikely that you'd need to use an option other than the free one if you just need to get the files into an older version of editing software. Most NLEs can now take .mp4s natively (FCP requires a plugin to do this but recent versions of Premiere, Avid, Vegas and Edius all support unconverted .mp4s) so what, if anything, you do in XDCAM Browser will obviously depend on what you use to edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]