FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio on ex1r

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim stamos
audio on ex1r
on Jul 24, 2011 at 11:08:29 pm

just shot a wedding receptionw with my ex1r, quality was great, but using the on cam mic, it seemed low. when i was filming dancing, i wasnt hearing the vocals real well. are the default settngs low on this cam? or do i really need an external mounted? is there a good short mic for this cam. was looking at the rode series, ntg2/3, but theyre pretty long.
thanks for any info.
also,
any good pic profiles for my type of shooting, mainly alot of weddings/rec and theatrical.also, a fair amount of talking heads
thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: audio on ex1r
on Jul 26, 2011 at 8:37:48 am

Jim, unless you're pretty close to the action an on camera mic is not the way to go. Even with a good mic (and I've used a Rode and they are good), you really need an off camera mic for your main audio capture. At a wedding say, you could leave a radio mic as near to the speeches as possible and, in the example you give, site it near to the music source. For talking heads I always try and use an off camera mic and if the location is under my control it can be a wired one. I use the small 'tie clip' mics, either radio or wired and you'd be amazed at how much better you capture the voice.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]