FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching EX1 & EX3

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Zwicker
Matching EX1 & EX3
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:26:20 pm

I own an EX3 but have to rent an EX1 for a 2 camera shoot.
Are there any issues matching these 2 cameras? I know the guts are the same, but are the upgrades in firmware for the EX1 going to be a problem?

I will not have much time to match them, are the factory set Picture Profiles the same in both?

Thanks for any pointers.

Paul Zwicker

ZwickFlicks LLC
Wisconsin, US
Sony PMW EX3
MacPro
Final Cut Pro 6.6
http://www.zwickflicks.com

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Matching EX1 & EX3
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:39:49 pm

You can match them, you will need to make a picture profile with the EX3 and then save it to the SxS card, then copy it to your computer, the folder will be "Sony" then open all the folders until you find the EX3 folder, then rename it to EX1 and copy it back the an SxS card and recall it to the EX1 camera.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Paul Zwicker
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:43:18 pm

Thanks for the confirmation Michael.

I knew I could copy the Profile onto a SxS card and read it into the 2nd camera-I just wanted to be sure there weren't any other surprises coming my way.

BTW-Thank you for the many years of your helpful insights and assistance here on the Cow.

Paul

ZwickFlicks LLC
Wisconsin, US
Sony PMW EX3
MacPro
Final Cut Pro 6.6
http://www.zwickflicks.com

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:47:27 pm

Thanks for the thanks, just remember to rename that file, I did this many years ago and it worked then, I just hope it still does after all the firmware upgrades. I don't have my EX1 anymore for I don't know for sure, but I think it still works. Let us know if it works.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

kay biney
on Aug 3, 2011 at 3:48:49 am

Michael, I am very new at pro video. Just bought my first camera sony ex1. Do you advice i buy the letus extreme with the optimization or not. Spoke to someone at B&H who said not to do it because it doesnt work well and it is a waste of money. Please help

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Aug 3, 2011 at 4:36:17 pm

This is completely off topic to this thread, but if you are wanting the Letus adapter for shallow depth of field focus the Letus and Red Rock Encore adapters work well. However with any adapter there are limitations with trying to make an EX1/3 more than what it is and there are new camera solutions (FS100, PMW-F3) available now that make these type of adapters obsolete . I suggest you start a new post with your questions.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

kay biney
on Aug 4, 2011 at 11:47:01 am

Thanks Michael. I really appreciate your help. Please bare with me because I am new to the blog. I will do as you said "start a new discussion". But please if you can make this clear to me it will help me very much. I have already purchased the EX1 so I understand that I can only get what the camera is capable of but from your perspective does the letus system actually work. It may not be as good as the cameras you adviced but will it still get me close to the film look?

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Aug 4, 2011 at 2:58:16 pm

As I said in my previous post these adapters work very well for shallow depth of field, however they have limitations with camera usability/mobility.

By starting a new thread is helps others who may have the same question find the answers they need without starting a new post.

I suggest you search first then ask away.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]