FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xdcam Transfer over a network ??

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
Xdcam Transfer over a network ??
on Jul 12, 2011 at 1:59:03 pm

Does anyone knows if it's possible for Sony XDcam Transfer to access/read files over a network ( Xsan ). Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Xdcam Transfer over a network ??
on Jul 12, 2011 at 2:39:11 pm

Yes, but the network drive has to be mounted to the system; there's no built in FTP functionality (as in Flip4Mac) to go and retrieve the clips. Also it's not recommended that you use network drives for the library folders (cache, database etc).

Return to posts index

Daniel Startek
on Jul 12, 2011 at 8:10:40 pm

Yes, I do it all the time from my Dell (with Expresscard slot) to my Mac with FCP 6.

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on Jul 12, 2011 at 9:44:23 pm

Hey Daniel,

So if i understand correctly, i can have all my Xdcam HD media on a raid hard drive that is connected on a network with my 5 FCP edit suite. In each of my suite i will be able to view the footage and import with Sony Xdcam Transfer ???

Also, is it possible for a client to connect to the server with his laptop with Transfer installed and view the footage ??? Thanks

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jul 13, 2011 at 1:20:25 pm

If the network drive is mounted and available to the system you can import from it, and others will be able to do the same, but the application utilizes a single-user database so you will not be able to see each other's changes (subclips and logging info, for example) or otherwise work collaboratively.

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on Jul 13, 2011 at 9:45:42 pm

great thanks Ian...one more question :)

Can you tell me if this scenario could work....we shoot lots of show with 3 XDcam HD F700. At the end of each shoot, i would like to transfer the camera's professional disk to an external hard disk, then connect this disk to our server. Anybody connected to the server will be able to view the footage, then transfer it to our main raid and ready for editing.

Since we shoot lots of show, transfering the dailies's right away to our main raid is not practical, only chosen dailies will be transferred, so it would be great if the above scenario could work. Thanks again for your advice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]