FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting to xdcam deck problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Stemmet
Exporting to xdcam deck problem
on Jul 4, 2011 at 12:04:41 pm

Hi all

I am trying to export my FCP timeline to an xdcam deck. The initial "writing audio and video" box appears and then after that I receive a error message saying "Failed to open mxf" and that I need to check that the deck is set up correctly. It says I need to have 8ch 16 bit IMX50 625 50i, but all those settings are correct on the xdcam deck. Everytime I click "Try again" the same error message comes up. Does anyone know something I don't? :)

The timeline settings are imx50 and the firewire is making contact, becasue the xdcam deck says PC REMOTE. I also have the xdcam transfer programme installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Regards
Carl

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
Re: Exporting to xdcam deck problem
on Jul 4, 2011 at 8:40:38 pm

Have you installed the latest version of XDCAM Transfer (ver 2.12)? If not, then the FAM driver, which is installed by default along with XDCAM Transfer, may be out of date.

Otherwise, you could try some of the following tests to try to narrow down where the problem lies:

(1) Firstly, check Finder's info window says you have read-write access. See what XDCAM Transfer says, too (bottom right-hand corner, Info tab).
(2) Try dragging a small file into the disc's General folder.
(3) If that works, drag a short test clip out of the disc's Clip folder onto the desktop and back again.
(4) If you have got this far, then I'm guessing that there are clips on the disk in a different format and the deck is not in mixed record mode (assuming you have an HD1500 or similar).

HTH

Return to posts index

Carl Stemmet
Re: Exporting to xdcam deck problem
on Jul 5, 2011 at 7:28:46 am

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the reply!

Since posting, I have managed to determine the fault. It ended up being nothing more than a disc capacity problem. So the error message was very misleading, I don't know why they couldn't have just said "There is not enough space on the disc". That would have saved me a lot of time. :)

Now my only problem is VERY slow exports, but perhaps my hardware is not fast enough.

Either way, at least it's exporting!

Thanks again!! I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]