FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony EX 1 Transfer Problems - Corrupted Files

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raoul Schmitz
Sony EX 1 Transfer Problems - Corrupted Files
on Jul 3, 2011 at 12:40:05 am

Hi everybody,

here is my problem: I was recording 4 hours of theater plays. 5 Plays with 20 minutes break in between. So I had to do backups as I didn't have enough cards. I was using a mac book pro 17 inches.

I did this by creating .IMG files from the S x S Cards by using the disk utility app. The method works best for me when shooting with my 7D. But with the EX1 it seems that this way of doing backups was a huge mistake. When I open the .IMG's, final cut's log and transfer application doesn't recognize the volume. So I was reading in several forums that sony's clip browser could help out. Not the case. Final Cut simply doesn't recognizes the files. Even though they are in the right directory. The clips open in clip browser but I cannot fully playback them. They run fine for a couple of minutes but then the image freezes. The few last seconds work again. Same happens when I open the MP4's in VLC.

I am very desperate as it was a (highly) payed job and I just can't figure it out. I believe more and more that the files a corrupted and the footage is lost for ever.

Would be so happy if someone has THE solution that could save me.

Cheers
Raoul

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Sony EX 1 Transfer Problems - Corrupted Files
on Jul 3, 2011 at 4:50:52 pm

I know that this will not help you with your current problem but when I'm in your situation requiring to clear the card space I just drag the complete BPAV folders from the cards in the camera - USB to my MacBook. If you want to adapt the files later for whatever editing system you use you can do that at your leisure. The secret is to keep the BPAV camera folders intact when you transfer initially.

I'm sure that once the working week commences someone will advise you how to rescue the situation, it can be done I'm certain but I don't know how.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Raoul Schmitz
on Jul 4, 2011 at 8:38:11 am

Michael,

thanks for your reply. I now know that a simple drag and drop in finder would have been the better solution. An IT person went over the files. They are badly corrupted and it seems that 80% of the footage is lost for ever.

Kind Regards

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 4, 2011 at 3:50:53 pm

Always use ClipBrowser with CRC on to have assurance that the copy has integrity.

These folks have a good track record recovering XDCAM EX files.
http://www.aeroquartet.com/

The time to wear the seat belt is before you get into the fatal accident.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]