FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony XDCAM Reader

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolo Mastrangelo
Sony XDCAM Reader
on Jun 28, 2011 at 9:26:12 pm

Hello All,
First time poster. First, thanks for the forums and website. It has been an invaluable resource. I work at a non-profit Arts & Cultural institution in NYC and we often learn on the job. This is one of those cases.

We recently acquired a Sony XDCAM Reader PDW-U1 to ingest source material of events. I ingest the discs into Final Cut Studio 7, and have been able to do this effortlessly since we first set up. Now, all of a sudden and without understanding why, the preview window in the XDCAM browser says "no media." This happens with any disc we insert. As such, I can not preview the material and create sub clips. (Picture below.)

We're pretty novice here, so any help or guidance you can provide with troubleshooting or pointing us in the right direction information wise, is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and any information you can provide,

Paolo

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: Sony XDCAM Reader
on Jun 29, 2011 at 3:49:43 am

The first few things you can try is to go to XDCAM Transfer Preferences found in the XDCAM Transfer menu (the first drop down menu). Click on the Cache portion of the Preferences window and empty the cache. The next thing to do is to actually trash the XDCAM Transfer preference file. The path is: Macintosh HD > Users > 'yourname' > Library > Preferences > com.sony.bprl.xdcamtransfer.plist. Trash this preference file (as in put it in the trash bin) and restart XDCAM Transfer. This will put the program into its default state. See if that solves it. Make sure you also re-navigate to where you want the converted media to again reside by using the preferences menu.

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Paolo Mastrangelo
on Jun 29, 2011 at 2:55:33 pm

Thank you for your response Don, and the easy to follow instructions.

I followed each step and this solved the problem.

Thanks again, I am grateful for your time and assistance. I might also now update the U1 firmware and driver as Ian Cook suggested.

See you around the forums!

Paolo

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jun 29, 2011 at 1:39:07 pm

I would also update the U1 firmware and driver, both of which are bundled at the link below. Run the 2.3.2 installer for the driver, then open the U-1 Utility application (located in your /Applications folder) and click on Update Firmware-->Start. The firmware is included with the utility; you do not need to do a second download. When finished the main page of the utility should show driver 2.3.2/firmware 2.45.

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-software-model-PDWU1.aspx

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]