FORUMS: list search recent posts

zoom accessory for EX1R

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Cole
zoom accessory for EX1R
on Jun 18, 2011 at 2:02:52 am

Has anyone had experience with some of the third-party zoom accessories for the EX1R? (I've seen the names VariZoom and Libec. VariZoom seems to make both inexpensive and expensive controllers.)

Opinions welcome!

Thanks.

Bob C

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: zoom accessory for EX1R
on Jun 18, 2011 at 2:14:06 am

I have the Libec and it is good for resizing and start & stop but it isn't a creep zoom control. The handle in the camera does this the best on my EX3.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on Jun 18, 2011 at 3:08:02 am

Thanks. Good to know. Anybody try the VariZoom?

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
on Jun 18, 2011 at 8:11:05 pm

I have the varizoom pro series for the Ex-1R ,ex-3 and pmw 320 and it works super. In fact I bought from Johnny Jib an adapter that would allow me to use the controller on Cannon lenses also.

The big thing that is missing on both the ex-1r, and ex3 is a good focus control. For some reason the lens on both of these cameras is missing the little hole where the focus control block would screw in.
On the 320 stock lens it is present and with the Fugi lens mechanical focus controller, it works super in s studio tripod configuration. Varizoom does have a focus controller but you must have rails to support the mechanism and not only is it pricey to me it looks a little gimpy.

The Ex-1R is a great camera. I think it is the most bang for the buck in the entire XDCAM family.

Good luck

Ronnie

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
http://www.dirtracingvideo.com
http://www.ramtv.tv

Return to posts index

Patrick McLoad
on Jun 18, 2011 at 10:40:01 pm

Thanks for the post Ronnie, I have been looking for a zoom control for my 350. The used Fuji controllers are twice the price of the Varizoom new. (Focus crontrol is not yet as much of an issue, but that would be nice to have also.)

Even with the bracket I sell to elevate the VF from the lens, getting to the rocker control can be difficult.

Patrick McLoad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]