FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random green spots/artifacts on footage (image included)

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmanuel Nomikos
Random green spots/artifacts on footage (image included)
on Jun 9, 2011 at 6:57:46 pm

Hello creativecow people,

We've received our footage from the field and on random clips we get green artifacts for 1 or 2 frames and then everything normal. This is footage shot on 2 EX cameras, one old, one new and it happened with both cameras. Each camera shot on SanDisk Extreme Pro CF, 64GB with NANOFLASH attachments set to record at 100mbs. The occurence is very random and usually happens only once during a clip. The MOV files work perfect otherwise..
We were able to determine that it happened on 3 different cards as well so it would seem unlikely that its a card issue.. Has anyone come across anything like this?

thank you in advance!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Random green spots/artifacts on footage (image included)
on Jun 10, 2011 at 2:16:20 am

looks like a serious problem with the Nanoflash recorder. I'd be emailing their tech support right about now...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jun 10, 2011 at 2:33:10 am

What signal is sent to the Nano Flash, HDMI or SDI?
What firmware version is currently running the Nano?

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Emmanuel Nomikos
on Jun 14, 2011 at 7:19:45 pm

Thanks for the response an apologies for my slow response, I had to wait to hear back from the shooters on the field. (Im the assistant editor in the office)
The nano we have has the most up-to-date firmware (according to Andy at convergent design), and we're running SDI signal to the Nano.
I suppose its not really an EX problem since I was checking over footage shot without the Nano and can positively say that the error does not happen on that footage.
The new thing thats happening is that we are getting some files that are duplicates of previous files but being played in fast motion or have parts of other shots "spliced" in.. very weird stuff.. We're gonna also buy new SD cards (Axtremex or Delkin) as oer CD's suggestion.

Still, any help is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jun 14, 2011 at 7:36:55 pm

Duplicate file numbers can happen when your battery dies during a recording. I would suspect a bad cable and I would purchase a new SDI cable and discard the old one. I would also use a short cable (18") very close to the camera. I'm sure Convergent Design would like you to send this Nano in so they can make sure it works properly or to replace it.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]