FORUMS: list search recent posts

MORE problems with XDCam Transfer

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
W. Lawrence Stevens
MORE problems with XDCam Transfer
on Jun 6, 2011 at 8:55:38 pm

I have proper workflow but am experiencing trouble with XDCam Transfer again.

I maintain each BPAV folder intact directly from the PDW350 camera. I upload the BPAV folder to a hard drive and use XDCam Transfer 2.12 to import for use in FCP. It has worked more often than not but when it does not work, it is VERY frustrating.

Today is another frustrating problem.

There are 10 subfolders under the CLPR folder representing 10 clips. XDCam reports 10 clips when I navigate to add the media (setting aside the longstanding problem that I can no longer see the separate clips in the window, no matter what has been tried.)

When I select "import all clips," I only 8 clips get imported. Doing this 20 times on a project and having it miss clips for some unexplained reason, is VERY frustrating. Can someone explain to me why XDCam mysteriously fails to import all the clips when I select import all clips?

Please advise. Thank you.

PMW-350
EX1-R
Nikon D3
(wlstevens.com)

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: MORE problems with XDCam Transfer
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:14:55 pm

Do you have clips that span across cards?
Spanned clips may not import. You need to make sure all relevant BPAV folders are in XDCAM Transfer.

Return to posts index

W. Lawrence Stevens
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:42:23 pm

No clips spanning across cards. Cards are uploaded to hard drives into Folders marked "REEL 1" "REEL 2" etc. The native "BPAV" structure is never touched or altered.

PMW-350
EX1-R
Nikon D3
(wlstevens.com)

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:37:15 pm

what exactly is missing when, say, you import card 'A' and don't get all your clips? if it's a specific clip or specific clips, do the imports fail when you try to import just those files?

Return to posts index

W. Lawrence Stevens
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:47:57 pm

Ian: if there are 10 clips in the CLPR folder each sequentially numbered, XDCam transfer is not importing the last one in this latest problem.

I can't import clips individually because for some unexplained reason, my XDCam Transfer software won't let me see the individual clips in a browser type window where you can select which clips you want to import. It's either all or nothing. At one point, XDCam allowed browsing but no longer. I've tried everything to get the browser function back to no avail. I don't care about that now. For my purposes, importing all the clips is fine, provided I do get ALL the clips and not haphazzardly missing some.

PMW-350
EX1-R
Nikon D3
(wlstevens.com)

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:59:06 pm

If you look in the Logging area for the last clip and go down to the Subclips pane, is the master clip un-checked? Or can you not check this because of this other bizarre issue? Does Clip Browser recognize this clip properly? What if you were to use CB to make a new BPAV for just this file? Or if you were to copy this one .mp4 to a new folder and add that as a source in Transfer, then do an Import All?

I'm not entirely clear on this other symptom and it's going to be hard to steer around it as if it were just some irrelevant anomaly.

Return to posts index

W. Lawrence Stevens
on Jun 7, 2011 at 3:56:04 am

Ian: The "Source" pane shows the folder in question ("REEL 3") indicating 10 clips. In the logging pane, only the first clip shows up in the window.

I have tried CB and find it very confusing and un-intuitive. I don't need all those features and I've tried to figure out how to just the simple task of converting a BPAV folder's contents to .MOV files. That's all I need. In CB, that function seems to be "export" rather than "import" and even still, I don't see an option for .MOV.

PMW-350
EX1-R
Nikon D3
(wlstevens.com)

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jun 7, 2011 at 4:36:37 am

[W. Lawrence Stevens] "I've tried to figure out how to just the simple task of converting a BPAV folder's contents to .MOV files."

If you're on a Mac you don't use CB to re-wrap to MOV. That job is for XDCAM Transfer or XDCAM Log and Transfer. If you're having issues with any of those programs the first thing to try is to delete the preference file(s) for each one. The path is: Macintosh HD>Users>yourname>Library>Preferences

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

W. Lawrence Stevens
THIS SOLUTION WORKED! THANK YOU!
on Jun 7, 2011 at 5:33:49 am

OMG.. I'll be damned. THIS WORKED. I've been struggling with this issue for months and asked so many people. All I got was more questions. THIS SOLUTION WORKED!!

Thank you sir!!!!

PMW-350
EX1-R
Nikon D3
(wlstevens.com)

Return to posts index

Don Greening
Re: THIS SOLUTION WORKED! THANK YOU!
on Jun 7, 2011 at 6:57:59 am

Glad to be of service :)

Cheers,

- Don

Don Greening
A Vancouver Video Production Company
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Greg Ondera
on Jun 7, 2011 at 2:18:41 am

Have you tried transferring on another computer?

Greg Ondera
http://www.Plexus.tv
http://www.SurgeonToday.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]