FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing a subclip list

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Raymond Whitley
Printing a subclip list
on Jun 6, 2011 at 5:41:05 pm

Fellow Sufferers:
I'm newly logging on XDCAM Transfer, and still on the steep part of my learning curve.

Presently, I'm working with a content expert on a more complex project than before. She would like to have a word processor file of all the sub-clips we've identified in culling a series of interviews in XDCAM Transfer, so that she may group them by concept.

I cannot see anywhere in this program to allow me either to print off the sub-clip list in the logging window or to save it as a word processor file I could then open in AppleWorks or similar. Nor- seemingly- can I highlight the entire sub-clip list & copy it elsewhere.

Has anyone any suggestions, please?
Ray W.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Printing a subclip list
on Jun 6, 2011 at 6:37:00 pm

unfortunately this can't be done. you can only print out a list of master clips. as a workaround you may want to think about stretching out the logging area and doing a hi-res screen capture and then pasting that into a document. not very elegant, but it may get the job done.

Return to posts index

Raymond Whitley
on Jun 6, 2011 at 6:53:22 pm

Mr. Cook:
Thanks for your response. The solution is a bit on the brutal side, but as you say, it may get the job done. How frustrating that there is no easy way to share sub-clip lists. In the Velocity system which we used before our recent switch from Betacam SP to XDCAM, one could simply open logs in WordPad and edit or print them as needed.

I will take your suggestion & experiment.
Ray W.

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
on Jun 8, 2011 at 10:05:12 pm

XDCAM Transfer has an Applescript interface that can be exceedingly useful for this kind of task.

It's a little rough and ready but this one will probably serve your purpose:

writesubcliplist.applescript.zip

Once unzipped, the file should open in the Applescript Editor when you double-click on it.

To use it, launch XDCAM Transfer, select the clips with the subclips you want to list and then click the green Run button on the script editor.

If all goes according to plan, a file will appear on your desktop called 'subcliplist.csv'. It is in tab-separated format so a spreadsheet application will be able to sort it into columns.

HTH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]