FORUMS: list search recent posts

Activating menu control by S&Q knob on F3 with V1.1 upgrade

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john sharaf
Activating menu control by S&Q knob on F3 with V1.1 upgrade
on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:22:36 pm

Heads up for all concerned,

Upgrade V1.1 is now available for PMW-F3 cameras, including ability to use the S&Q knob for menu navigation. However the release notes fail to instruct you how to turn it on. Apparently these instructions are in the new Operation Manual which of course has not yet been posted to the internet.

But the instructions are simple, even if not intuitive. Just toggle the S&Q utility between its normal function and menu navigation by pressing the "Cancel" button below the eyepiece and above the battery compartment once.

That's all for now folks!

JS

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
Re: Activating menu control by S&Q knob on F3 with V1.1 upgrade
on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:42:06 pm

Good stuff John,
I recently updated my F3 and I remembered this from watching it at the Sony booth at NAB. This feature is fabulous.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jun 6, 2011 at 3:53:27 pm

regrettably this is not in the release notes but it is in the updated version of the ops manual, which should go live this week

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jun 6, 2011 at 4:04:22 pm

Perhaps the ND Adjustment will be described too. I'm thinking it adjusts the gain, I spoke with Joseph Schimizzi and he thought it might be like a Master gain that was on older cameras.

Abel Cine posted that it was a color correction for the ND, but with the adjustment starting at Zero and ending at 999 I don't think so. I found it to boost the gain by about a stop.

Please post this update manual when it becomes available.

Thanks Ian

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jun 6, 2011 at 5:08:13 pm

It's a fine ('fine' as in extremely granular) sensitivity offset for the ND filter positions. Is it having any effect? The manual says it's not presently active. (It also says that about the 3d link setting but in that case it's because an unreleased option is required). I'll get back to you with some more info shortly. Don't recall this in the beta we tested here, and it's not very well documented.

Updated manuals should be on the EX site now.

Thx

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Jun 7, 2011 at 6:49:05 pm

Hi Ian,

Since the first "toggle" of the S&Q function, I'm having no luck repeating it and fear there is a bug. Can you report any success in activating menu navigation on the S&Q knob/button after the first time?

Also, still cannot find revised Ops Manual on your website. Maybe you can post the link here when it does come available.

Thanks,

JS

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jun 7, 2011 at 7:00:33 pm

I noticed if you reboot the camera the nob reverts back to S&Q, to toggle for Menu use you need to push Cancel and the S&Q nob in together then you should see what is active on the monitor.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jun 7, 2011 at 7:13:04 pm

It's working fine on my end and toggles more or less instantly when I press Cancel + SQ. If it's not working you may want to try resetting the camera (remember to store your pic profiles first if you go this route).

Return to posts index

john sharaf
on Jun 7, 2011 at 7:20:25 pm

Ian,

OK, Michael's instructions (above) straightened me out, but you should know that they were not what Sony Support told me yesterday and they were not able to tell me today.

This should definitely be in the release notes for users and your own support staff to know, and makes me wonder what other voodoo I'll need to know to activate and use other upgraded features.

JS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]