FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 to DVD recorder

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Maynard
EX-1 to DVD recorder
on Jun 3, 2011 at 1:08:03 am

Hello everyone,
I have been shooting youth football with the EX-1. I usually just capture into Final Cut then output to DVD Studio Pro and burn DVDs which takes about an hour or so after the game is done. I will be shooting for the high school team in the fall and the coaches need DVD's asap. I have a Sony DVDirect DVD recorder model# VRD-VC20 that basically renders real time and I can finalize a disc while I am packing up after shooting.
The challenge is that the DVD recorder doesn't recognize the EX-1. I was wondering if I ran the EX-1 into a Canopus ADVC 110 converter with the a/v cable and rca out to the recorder would it work. I don't want to invest any money in the Canopus until I know if it will work.
I also have a 17" MacBook Pro i7 in case anyone knows of a configuration that could be used with that.
I would greatly appreciate any advice that you gurus could share. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely
Craig Maynard

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: EX-1 to DVD recorder
on Jun 3, 2011 at 4:27:50 am

I don't see why not- and if it doesn't you can return it.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jun 3, 2011 at 3:17:55 pm

Are you running the AV cable's directly into the recorder? Not sure why this isn't working. I haven't done much of this, so I'm guessing.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Craig Maynard
on Jun 3, 2011 at 11:42:06 pm

Thanks for your responses, I appreciate your time. @Noah-I think I may have to get one and try it. @Brent- I did try running the cables directly into the recorder but there was no response or recognition of the camera. I tried running a VCR deck and an old mini DV camcorder and both worked with the recorder. I wasn't sure what else to try.

-Craig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]