FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCam Full Disc-transfer problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dominic Richardson
XDCam Full Disc-transfer problem
on Jun 2, 2011 at 10:53:59 am

I am aware that this forum is for the EX series rather than the XDCam Discs however, there doesn't appear to be one for the discs so I thought this one might be worth a try...

The disc I was using reached full capacity mid shot and now that i want to transfer the material from it using Sony XDCam Transfer software, it is coming up with an error message which reads:

Error Scanning Device
Failed to parse (null) (Line 6: Extra content at the end of the document
)

I can still view the thumbnails via the camera and I can still browse the mxf files directly from the desktop. I have now deleted the final clip from the disc but that hasn't helped. Does anyone have any ideas?

The camera i am using is a Sony PDW-350

Many thanks

Dom

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCam Full Disc-transfer problem
on Jun 2, 2011 at 4:46:21 pm

Hi Dom-

Just an FYI, the optical disc forum is the 'Sony PDW and F900' (or something like that) forum.

What version of Transfer are you using? Is it 2.12? Can you try taking the MXFs from /CLIP and copying them to a new disc? You do not need to copy the proxies or the metadata. If you are able to copy the files, does Transfer accept the disc?

Ian

Return to posts index

Dominic Richardson
Re: XDCam Full Disc-transfer problem
on Jun 6, 2011 at 9:18:00 am

Hi Ian

Thanks for your response and pointing me to the correct forum.

The version of transfer i am using is 2.12. I actually found a workaround which involved just copying the files onto the hard drive and then transfering it. I don't want to clog up my drive with .mxf files so it would be useful to copy them to another disc but I tried this and it didn't work. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here.

Many thanks

Dom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]