FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blue Screen with windows xp

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Cottrell
Blue Screen with windows xp
on May 31, 2011 at 11:42:48 pm

Description:

If a recording medium is created as described in the following steps and inserted in a PC running Windows XP, a blue screen may appear on the PC and the PC may be unresponsive, depending on the status of the recording medium.

1. The recording medium is formatted and recorded on a unit using software earlier than the following applicable version:

Model Applicable Version

PMW-10MD V1.10
PMW-350 V1.10
PMW-EX1 V1.20
PMW-EX1R V1.10
PMW-EX3 V1.10
PMW-EX30 V1.20

2.The recording medium is inserted into a unit running software later than the version above.

3.The recording medium is reinserted into a unit running software earlier than the version above, and is recorded.

4.The recording medium is inserted into a pc running windows XP. A blue screen appears on the PC.

5. The PC returns to normal operation after the recording medium is removed and power is switched off/on. However, data not saved before blue screen are lost.

To prevent the symptom, do not record media alternately recorded using XDCAM EX units running different versions of software. The symptom does not occur if the recording medium is formatted when used across different versions. The symptom does not occur with the following operating systems:

Windows Vista, Windows 7
Mac OS XV10.6 (snow leopard)
Mac OS X V10.5

http://www.tekmg.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Huh?
on Jun 1, 2011 at 2:13:42 am

Ok that was the weirdest post yet...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Jun 1, 2011 at 2:10:33 am

I'm with you.

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 1, 2011 at 2:26:17 am

After removing recording medium and turning of Windows XP computer turn on Mac compute and reinsert recording medium. Bring XP computer to nearest electronic recycling center.

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:04:37 pm

Once you go Mac, you never go back...

except, I did buy an HP laptop since it was half the price of a Mac Pro

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:08:13 pm

Have you ever encounted a "Blue Screen" issue when capturing to the HP using your EX1? Or do you just capture straight to the MAC?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:14:09 pm

Yeah but did that price savings get offset but the precipitous drop in efficiency afforded by Windows?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:32:42 pm

And the fact that you have to use Premiere.

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jun 2, 2011 at 2:16:57 pm

Noah:

Actually, I've been very happy with my HP laptop. I don't do a bunch of editing on it, but I actually do most of my after effects on my laptop since I have 64 bit CS5 installed on it.

I haven't had any issues yet. I've had it over a year.

The other reason I bought it is that Apple was over a year behind on upgrading their laptops to the quadcore pentium and I couldn't wait anymore. Apple used to be the leader and always first in computer technology, but when they came out with the iPhone, it all stopped. they put all of their engineers on developing the iPhone, iPod Touch, etc. Now that that has leveled off, they are back. Still waiting on the new Final Cut Studio (that has also been slow in coming out)

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Chris Cottrell
on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:09:24 pm

I had a few customers with this issue before. I decided to post the standard procedures to avoid this issue. Sorry if it seemed a bit cryptic.

Ps. I prefer MAC also haha!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jun 1, 2011 at 3:17:13 pm

Yeah that was weird...

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]