FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording Variable Frame Rates from Sony F3 Externally

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Pratt
Recording Variable Frame Rates from Sony F3 Externally
on May 29, 2011 at 6:26:39 pm

Anyone have any info or educated guesses as to the ability to record F3 off-speed/variable frame rates externally? Sony's flash-based SR-R1 recorder touts the feature, but I'm wondering if it'll work with, say, the Gemini. Can you record off-speed via HD-SDI with the F35? (How? Does it send a flagged 60p signal?) What about recording variable frame rates with the EX3 and the various external recorders on the market?

Return to posts index

Douglas Villalba
Re: Recording Variable Frame Rates from Sony F3 Externally
on Aug 20, 2011 at 6:53:47 pm

Only a guess. The S&Q section of the instructions hints that is possible. When it says that with Slog it reduces the selection for speed changes. Unless it is still talking about the off speed signal from Slog to SxS card.

Douglas Villalba

http://www.advertising-villa.com

info@dvtvproductions.com

Chroma-Key - Studio, Decklink HD Extreme, HVX200, A1 & HV20. VDSLR, GlideTrack, Rails, GlideCam, Jib

Return to posts index

Jason Shifflett
Re: Recording Variable Frame Rates from Sony F3 Externally
on Aug 22, 2011 at 6:33:03 pm

I was wondering the same thing. i have a new F3 with a Ki Pro and I was going to try a different work around. You can set the camera up to record Interval. If the Ki Pro is set up to "Rec" when the camera does it shoud create a "Clip" for each frame it records. In post you could put them all together to get a timelapse. Does not help with over/under cranking, but could get a nice 4:2:2 timelpase shot. Again, have yet to try myself.

Take 29 Productions, LLC.
434-962-5267
Proud Sony F3 Owner!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]