FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wide Conversion Lens

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Simms
Wide Conversion Lens
on May 21, 2011 at 2:13:15 am

I am going to be using an EX1 for the first time.
It was told it had a wide conversion lens.
I am trying to find a wide angle lens to use on it (the one they have is for the sony-150 doesn't fit on the ex1) and want to know if
I need to find one that is specially for the ex1 or if there is some
technical number that will tell me if it will fit the camera.

Thanks

Thanks,

Eros Salvatore (another victim of creative cow's "real name" policy")

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Wide Conversion Lens
on May 21, 2011 at 2:59:36 am

I'd get the camera first- it's pretty wide..

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Keld von Eyben
on May 24, 2011 at 6:04:20 am

Century Optics (aka Schneider) produce a series of wide adaptors incl fisheye. They work like a charm. Expensive though and some of them very heavy. But great to work with.

Return to posts index

Bob Cole
on May 31, 2011 at 12:41:35 am

[Sean Simms] "I need to find one that is specially for the ex1 or if there is some
technical number that will tell me if it will fit the camera."

iirc the Schneider/Century Optics website will specify which camera a given adapter will fit.

An added concern: the simplicity of switching to and from using the adapter. I too am interested in a wide angle adapter for the EX1R. There are some adapters which require macro mode and switching the focus mode, and (I believe anyway) some which do not. If anyone has already compiled this data, I'd like to know which is the most trouble-free wide angle adapter. In the midst of a hectic documentary production day, I would think that it would be good to eliminate as many steps, and variables, as possible. Why would I want to use an adapter which required any more steps than necessary? (I realize that these steps probably become automatic, but still, given a choice between simple and complex, I vote for simple.)

Bob C

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]