FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't select S&Q motion in EX3 menu.

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chan Min Chung
Can't select S&Q motion in EX3 menu.
on May 15, 2011 at 3:11:14 pm

I have an EX3 but I can't select S&Q motion in menu. It just stays gray color. I've read some posts and manual. However, I don't see any problem as regards format, card...etc. I need to leave for shooting soon..but I am about to die with this problem. Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Setting - 720 P50
CARD - SONY SXS PRO and Transcend SDHC 16GB class 10.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Can't select S&Q motion in EX3 menu.
on May 15, 2011 at 5:37:40 pm

S&Q can not be activated with Frame Recording or Interval Recording although they would be forced to off I believe.

What happens when you press and hold the S&Q button for more than one second on the side of the camera?

BTW 720p50 doesn't give you much range for slow motion as the maximum frame rate is 60fps. For slow motion it's better to start with 720p25.

Read page 76,77 of the PDF Manual and see if anything there helps.

If all else fails, reset the camera to its default settings and set it to 720p25 and see if you can access S&Q.

Return to posts index

Chan Min Chung
on May 16, 2011 at 4:43:59 am

Thanks so much Craig !

It was very simple problem but I did not know it. As you said, I pressed and hold the S&Q motion button on the side of the camera. And it worked well. Thank you very much !

Return to posts index

Gonzalo Storni
on Sep 28, 2011 at 8:41:08 pm

HI,

I have the same problem as Chan, but I pressed the S&Q Button and nothing happens. Also the in the menu, the S&Q is disabled. I just did an update to the camera to 1.16 to see if anything changes with no luck!

Do I have to fully reset the camera??

Thanks!

Cheers,
Gonzalo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]