FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM Transfer Seeing Too Many Clips and failing

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
W. Lawrence Stevens
XDCAM Transfer Seeing Too Many Clips and failing
on May 13, 2011 at 5:42:38 pm

I have proper workflow but am experiencing trouble with XDCam Transfer again.

I maintain each BPAV folder intact directly from the PDW350 camera. I upload the BPAV folder to a hard drive and use XDCam Transfer 2.12 to import into FCP. It has worked more often than not.

Today, however, XDCam Transfer is showing too many files in one shoot folder I am trying to import and then errors out. In the CLPR folder, there are only 27 subfolders containing clip information (camera start/stops). However, XD Cam Transfer reports 89 clips and produces the following error:

"Exception opening XDCAM EX file (Condition Failure- cannot open /Volumes/HD Video 2/Eufrat Dani/SONY B CAM YELLOW/REEL A GG1/BPAV/CLPR/581_0010_01/581_0010_01.MP4)"

The same error occurs 27 times.

At this moment, we can't import the footage. Please advise. Thank you.

Steven

PMW-350
EX1-R
Nikon D3
(wlstevens.com)

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM Transfer Seeing Too Many Clips and failing
on May 13, 2011 at 6:37:37 pm

What do Clip Browser or XDCAM Browser show for the same card image? Are the .mp4s import-able using either of these?

Also-- if you delete the source and clear the cache and re-add the source does the application still report these ghost clips? What about if you move the BPAV to the local drive?

Nothing in the card image was manipulated or moved/renamed? How were the files copied to the drive?

Return to posts index

W. Lawrence Stevens
on May 13, 2011 at 7:07:10 pm

I just downloaded XDCam Browser and the clips are all there. I guess I need to toss XDCam Transfer plugin now. I just can't yet figure out how to import them for FCP as .mov files.

I'm working on it!

PMW-350
EX1-R
Nikon D3
(wlstevens.com)

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on May 13, 2011 at 7:13:03 pm

You can continue using Transfer for other cards. You should also try deleting the source and clearing the cache-- this may fix the issue with syncing this particular card.

Use the 'Register for FCP' command to import. There's a button with a right facing arrow under the preview window, or you can select it from the File menu or the right-click menu.

You need to run Browser in plug-in mode (i.e. launched from/sync'd to FCP). No standalone operation yet as we have with Transfer.

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on May 13, 2011 at 7:33:26 pm

Ian, how does one empty the cache for Transfer without choosing each entry individually?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on May 13, 2011 at 7:43:21 pm

prefs/cache/clear

this clears the cache (thumbnails and, for optical XDCAM, proxies) but doesn't remove the source from the list

Return to posts index

W. Lawrence Stevens
on May 13, 2011 at 8:28:24 pm

One of the first things I tried in XDcam Transfer was clearning the source and cache files. No luck. I also tried copying the BPAV folder to the local drive, rather importing from than an external. (The footage was shot last year and the cards have been recycled many times over.) No luck with that solution either.

In poking around trying to figure out how to import .mov files into FCP, I selected all the clips, and then "copied" onto the local drive. The software rebuilt the BPAV folder (with all the CLPR subfolders) and XDCam Tranfer worked fine from that rebuilt structure. Problem solved. On to the next!

Thanks for the helpful input! Cheers!

Steven

PMW-350
EX1-R
Nikon D3
(wlstevens.com)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]