FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need XDCAM driver

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Colombatto
Need XDCAM driver
on May 12, 2011 at 7:54:55 pm

Am running Snow Leopard on Mac Pro (mega ram), and am trying to connect EX3 with FCP 7
thru firewire.
Downloaded XDCAM Transfer version 2.10, but it says I need a XDCAM Drive software.
Why didn't that come with the download?
Anyway, do you have a direct URL link where I can download this driver and which one?
Thanks,
Very Confused.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Need XDCAM driver
on May 12, 2011 at 8:09:37 pm

If you're transferring recorded files you should be using USB or Sony's Express card reader to USB.
XDCAM Transfer should be version 2.12 and ClipBrowser 2.6. Always copy using ClipBrowser with CRC on. You shouldn't need the driver unless you're using Express port on MacBookPro (or Windows equivalent).

Return to posts index

Joseph Colombatto
on May 13, 2011 at 5:08:16 pm

Thanks.
I loaded in XDCAM Transfer v2.12 and also FAM driver Tool 2.3, but XDCAM Transfer is asking for
XDCAM Drive Software.
Isn't that what FAM does?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 13, 2011 at 5:24:39 pm

Install ClipBrowser 2.6 please.
You don't need the driver if you're not using a laptop.

Return to posts index

Ed Stahr
on May 13, 2011 at 2:02:43 pm

Hereʻs a helpful tip: The Canadian Sony Pro site is much easier to find and download software from than the American site.

http://support.sonybiz.ca/esupport/init.do

The drivers/firmware are all found through that page, follow links in left column to find the one you need.

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
on May 14, 2011 at 10:01:26 pm

I'm presuming that you are looking at XDCAM Transfer's 'Installed Components' window. This tells you what you need for *absolutely everything* to work. If you click on an item in the list, XDCAM Transfer tells you what its for below.

You don't necessarily need to install everything in that list; you only need the XDCAM Drive software if you are using a PDW-U1.

HTH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]