FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recover Lost Footage off SXS Card

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Ferguson
Recover Lost Footage off SXS Card
on May 6, 2011 at 3:40:28 pm

Ok, I'm not the 1st nor will be the last to have deleted footage. I am very close to recovering it but it seems the files are damaged and I am looking for help in the final process. Here is what I have done:

1. Thinking I had already dumped my SXS card, I used my PMW-EX3 camera to "Delete All Clips" from the menu.

2. Purchased and ran the recovery softare Boomerang Data Recovery Software.

3. The software found all of the files since I have not used the card. Looking at the folders and files with the file sizes and structure it looks like it was a success.

4. When I try to use the Clipbrowser (version 2.6) it does not see any footage. I have tried to import the .mp4 file as well and get the error "Failed to import the clip."

5. I use Adobe's Premiere Pro to edit. When I try to import the .mp4 there I get the error message "Unsupported format or damaged file."

I am on a PC running Windows 7.

Please help, it's killing me that I made such a mistake.

Doug

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Recover Lost Footage off SXS Card
on May 6, 2011 at 4:15:08 pm

Hi doug,
On my experience, when ClipBrowser doesn't accepts the MP4 files, this is your only option:
http://aeroquartet.com/movierepair/repair.html
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Pruitt-Bruun
on May 7, 2011 at 5:05:03 pm

i used aeroquartet with some success with corrupted files on an sdhc card. i recovered roughly 6 of 10 minutes lost. which was enough, as it turned out. the cost was a few hundred bucks. the product is impressive. but if you're under a deadline, be aware that the time difference between the States and Barcelona (assuming you're in the states) can slow things down considerably. it may take a couple days to complete the process.

good luck, that was one of the worst experiences of my working life.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 7, 2011 at 7:27:06 pm

[Michael Pruitt-Bruun] "i used aeroquartet with some success with corrupted files on an sdhc card. i recovered roughly 6 of 10 minutes lost. which was enough, as it turned out. the cost was a few hundred bucks. the product is impressive. but if you're under a deadline, be aware that the time difference between the States and Barcelona (assuming you're in the states) can slow things down considerably. it may take a couple days to complete the process.

good luck, that was one of the worst experiences of my working life."

I had a better experience.
I was able to recover the MP4 and they fixed my clips by Internet.
I sent them a sample of of footage and he sent me a little application.
I recovered almost everything and I paid some $80.
Took a couple of days.
rafael

Return to posts index

Michael Pruitt-Bruun
on May 7, 2011 at 9:13:48 pm

i wasn't complaining about the recovery service. i was bemoaning the plight of loosing footage. i spent a few days pulling my hair out and placating clients, who were quite understanding under the circumstances. the prospect of telling them that there would be no way to deliver their interview in time for broadcast was... extraordinarily uncomfortable.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on May 7, 2011 at 10:00:36 pm

[Michael Pruitt-Bruun] "i wasn't complaining about the recovery service. i was bemoaning the plight of loosing footage. i spent a few days pulling my hair out and placating clients, who were quite understanding under the circumstances. the prospect of telling them that there would be no way to deliver their interview in time for broadcast was... extraordinarily uncomfortable."
Hi Michael,
I don't say that you are complaining. I guess you had to post the media and get it back. Sure that make the process expensive and unconfortable.
I had better luck thatn you and I could fix it through Internet.
Anyway I think we are lucky to have Aeroquartet. SSHD files are not that hard to recover by your self, but SxS card are a hell.
rafael

Return to posts index

Linda Saffire
on Feb 29, 2012 at 7:32:03 pm

Few questions:
Did you successfully get your footage back.
Was the sxs card formatted in the camera?
What settings did you use with Boomerang that located something on the card?

Thanks,
Linda

Return to posts index

mike apalucci
on Jun 18, 2014 at 3:12:16 pm

Doug,
I just recently did the same thing that you did years ago: I accidentally deleted the footage off of my Sony SxS cards using the “on-camera” delete function (I did not record over them). I used “Disk Doctor Photo recovery” to recover the footage and was able to recover all of the files per disk (28GB on card 1 & 22GB on Card 2). However, when I go to import these files into XDCAM browser in order to correct the file structure (per advice given)…it does not see the clips. Nor does any NLE (Premiere/Edius) see the clips. Did you end up using Aero Quartet to recover the clip structure? Really need your help badly..911!

Return to posts index

Doug Ferguson
on Jun 18, 2014 at 3:52:45 pm

I did try to use their software. It recovered files, but unfortunately was not usable so my footage was lost.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]