FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX Clip Browser and changing file names...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Lyons
XDCAM EX Clip Browser and changing file names...
on Apr 28, 2011 at 6:59:28 pm

Hi there,
I have some footage from an Ex-1 that some how has duplicate file names, but the footage is certainly not duplicate footage. I am trying to organize the footage prior to running it through XDCAM transfer. My problem is I cannot rename the file names. Does anyone know of a tool that can successfully rename the file names in the Sony EX world?

I tried renaming in finder, that was a no go as the clip simply disappeared in Clip browser. I acts like there is a master XML that clip browser looks at and only show clips within the BPAV folder that match a master list somewhere... So, I am guessing that a tool must be used to do the renaming so that all relevant items and xmls are properly updated.

Anyone?
thanks
j

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM EX Clip Browser and changing file names...
on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:49:23 pm

Hi Jason,

You can't change the actual file names but you can get around this by making a sub clip. Mark in/out at the beginning/end of the clip, right-click and select 'Make New Clip...,' and click OK when it warns you that you're copying the whole clip. A new clip with a new name will be created. You can keep or discard the original clip.

Hope this helps. There may be other workarounds but this is probably the quickest/easiest. If you combine folders after deleting/backing up the original master clip they should combine properly now that there are no repeating file names.

Best,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]