FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX Clip Browser and changing file names...

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Lyons
XDCAM EX Clip Browser and changing file names...
on Apr 28, 2011 at 6:59:28 pm

Hi there,
I have some footage from an Ex-1 that some how has duplicate file names, but the footage is certainly not duplicate footage. I am trying to organize the footage prior to running it through XDCAM transfer. My problem is I cannot rename the file names. Does anyone know of a tool that can successfully rename the file names in the Sony EX world?

I tried renaming in finder, that was a no go as the clip simply disappeared in Clip browser. I acts like there is a master XML that clip browser looks at and only show clips within the BPAV folder that match a master list somewhere... So, I am guessing that a tool must be used to do the renaming so that all relevant items and xmls are properly updated.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: XDCAM EX Clip Browser and changing file names...
on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:49:23 pm

Hi Jason,

You can't change the actual file names but you can get around this by making a sub clip. Mark in/out at the beginning/end of the clip, right-click and select 'Make New Clip...,' and click OK when it warns you that you're copying the whole clip. A new clip with a new name will be created. You can keep or discard the original clip.

Hope this helps. There may be other workarounds but this is probably the quickest/easiest. If you combine folders after deleting/backing up the original master clip they should combine properly now that there are no repeating file names.

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved