FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snowy video

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Williams
Snowy video
on Apr 21, 2011 at 2:18:28 am

I have a major problem. Let me see if I can explain this. For one of our campus churches, they play a one week delayed message that is a QuickTime file codec is HDV 720P, of course 1280x720. It is played from an 2 month old IMac.Video out is the display to dvi adapter which hits a dvi to HDMI cable. This inputs into a Kramer 729 scaler/switcher. Output out of the scaler dvi-d to an Extron box which then is cat-5 to a digital production HD projector which then has another cat-5 to dvi. Here is the problem. On playback, the video file will sometimes play fine and then like tonight it will flash to a white or gray screen for a second and then be ok. The audio never changes. Tonight it went to snowy screen z6 times and yesterday played with no issues. Any ideas what this could be ? We are pulling our hair out.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Snowy video
on Apr 21, 2011 at 2:28:41 am

Off the top of my head my guess would be:
Possible bad graphics card
Possible intermittent cable or connection.
That it's intermittent means it's going to be a bit of pain to troubleshoot.

Can you eliminate everything else and try connecting the DVI to HDMI to an HDMI monitor (HDTV for example)? Basically if it's clear for a long time, the problem is likely in one of the other devices post this point. If the problem shows at that point it could be GPU or DVI to HDMI and any cable being used.

With your setup there are so many points of contact/failure (cables and convertors), you're going to have lots to test.

Return to posts index

Brad Williams
Re: Snowy video
on Apr 21, 2011 at 2:40:34 am

Yeah, I will have to get there to run some tests. Thanks for the heads up. I sent a spare iMac tonight for them to eliminate that, and they said theyndid not have time to hook it up. The same video file to another campus runs with no problem at all. They run straight to the projector though. I suspect a bad card since we were having issues beforenthis current hookup.

Thanks again
Brad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]