FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help, Client having post trouble

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Davenport
Help, Client having post trouble
on Apr 19, 2011 at 4:34:59 pm

I have a client who uses AVID and Final Cut both are older versions I believe. He says that he is getting "media offline" when bringing the footage. He dug a little and he seems to think that whenever there is extra file in the TAKR folder it shows up as offline and missing media. But when the file is not there it's ok. Or when he goes in and removes the file in the TAKR folder.

Thxs

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re:Client having post trouble
on Apr 19, 2011 at 4:56:07 pm

Why would there be an "extra" file in the TAKR folder?

There's something missing in this workflow picture. Might your client not be importing the files properly? With FCP, Re-wrap to .mov in XDCAM Transfer or Log & Transfer with Sony plugin.
With Avid I'd assume re-wap to .mxf in Clip Browser.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Client having post trouble
on Apr 19, 2011 at 5:46:11 pm

Is the 'extra file' an SMI? If so there are spanned clips, which Avid AMA supports. There should be nothing besides EX-generated files in either the CLPR or TAKR folders. I'm assuming they're using AMA since AVID is looking directly at BPAV?

If they are missing part of a file this is normal if the files span volumes/cards and both volumes/cards are not available to the system. Is there a 'Clip Transit' locator in the preview window? Even if the media is offline this will still show up if in fact we're looking at a spanned clip. If removing the SMI corrects everything that's probably because Avid is only looking at the standalone MP4s and not looking for the rest of the clip(s), i.e. the spanned portions located on some other card or drive.

If we need to go further please provide more info re what you're seeing and what version of Media Composer they're using.

Best,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

Jason Davenport
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:06:08 pm

I'll check. I'm prob did a horrible job trying to explain this.....

Return to posts index

Jason Davenport
on Apr 19, 2011 at 7:15:56 pm

He said both avid and final cut were a year behind on versions. I gave him a number of a friend that is proficient with all. Thanks for your help but this guy needs a direct line. I'm a bad middle man on this stuff...Thx guys

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]