FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX Browser/XDCAM EX Clip Browser NO Preview Window

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose Luis Salcido-Montijo
XDCAM EX Browser/XDCAM EX Clip Browser NO Preview Window
on Apr 18, 2011 at 8:13:14 pm

Hello All

This is my first contact with this site, please help me with this matter...

Sony Technical Support couldn't help me, I installed first XDCAM EX Clip Browser (V 2.6) , backup my EX1R files with no problem, uninstalled by Sony technician request, install the new XDCAM EX Browser (V 1.10), and no problem with the backup.

PROBLEM is this in both browsers, in the PDF manuals it shows a preview window with play, rew, ff, stop, etc buttons where you can preview the footage before the backup, but I DON'T have that window, if I select a "new preview window" from the menu file option, nothing happens.

I have a MAC PRO OSX 10.6.6, 10Gb Memory, 2 x 2.66 Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Thanks for any help provided

Jose Luis Salcido

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
Re: XDCAM EX Browser/XDCAM EX Clip Browser NO Preview Window
on Apr 18, 2011 at 9:08:38 pm

If you load a set of clips and click on one of the clips what happens? This should open open the window and make those controls appear.

Return to posts index

on Apr 18, 2011 at 9:39:20 pm

Thanks!, If I click one or twice on any video thumbnail nothing happens, also I have a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.5.8 and the same
situation persist, no preview window.

The backup files can be imported with no problem to Premiere Pro CS4 and Final Cut Pro 7.

Thanks again for your fast response.

Regards

Jose Luis

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:49:35 pm

A couple of things...I have version 2.6 of XD cam clip browser. That could be part of your problem. The link for the correct version has been posted many times. Also...if you click file>new preview window you don't get anything?

Return to posts index

on Apr 19, 2011 at 1:29:34 am

A couple of things...I have version 2.6 of XD cam clip browser. That could be part of your problem. The link for the correct version has been posted many times. Also...if you click file>new preview window you don't get anything?

Bob, I'm too have the same 2.6 version (one from CD, and one downloaded from http://www.sony.com/servicesplus) but the same reaction on both.

Would you please provide me the right version location, and yes! I don't get anything when I click "new preview window", I looks like
the programmers miss to write some code in that menu option, :)

Regards

Jose Luis

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Apr 19, 2011 at 1:44:04 pm

Hi Jose,

I spoke with the support engineer you were in touch with on our side and we are looking into this now. One of us will be in touch shortly.

I have seen this once before during testing but the symptom occurred only on a newer MBP running 10.6.x. You are seeing this same symptom on a Leopard machine?

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Apr 19, 2011 at 2:05:35 pm

Ian's the man. If he can't do it, nobody can : )

Did you copy the entire BPAV folder over to your drive? If you took out pieces of the folder, it won't show up in the browser.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

on Apr 19, 2011 at 2:35:31 pm

Thanks Ian, My MBP is a Leopard, and my MP is Snow Leopard, and the same happens on both machines.

Brent, I have had copy part or the whole BPAV to HD with no problem to the browsers to see and display
video thumbnails, the problem is basically I can't preview any of those videos because I don't have a Preview pane (window), I really need this to save space on HD with unwanted footage.

Thanks

Jose Luis

Return to posts index

Georg Boch
on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:22:21 pm

Hi,

Im having the same issue, since yesterday, in clipbrowser 2.0
under OSX 10.7.2 Lion, the preview window doesnt appear anymore!!!
I can make it appear either.
I deinstalled the programm fully with appzapper, and after this a clean restall, the same issue prevails...

XDCAM browser still works, but XDCAM CLIPBROWSER 2.6 (an earlier version, yeah its not logical) has the same issue.

Anybody outthere with a clue on what might be going on here?

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:32:09 pm

We regrettably never got to the bottom of this, and the official recommendation is to use XDCAM Browser since CB is discontinued and has never been qualified for Lion. If you contact me offline and can provide a System Profiler XML for your system I may be able to investigate further.

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Services

Return to posts index

Georg Boch
on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:38:06 pm

Dear Mr. Cook
Thanks for this incredibly fast response.
Indeed, i am using the latest xdcam browser which should be ok for lion.
How can contact you offline, or how can I get a System Profiler XML?
(What is that?)

Thank you for your help,

Georg

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Jan 20, 2012 at 5:46:36 pm

ian dot cook at AM dot sony dot com

In your post you said this was happening with CB 2.0/2.6 but not with XDCAM Browser. Can you confirm?

To save a System Profiler report: Apple Menu-->About This Mac-->More Info. This will open the System Profiler. Note that on certain Lion Machines you may have to first click 'System Report' in the basic System Info window that pops up. From within the System Profiler select File-->Save and save a copy in the Sys Pro XML format (not as a text file). You can also access System Profiler from your Utilities folder. This will provide a snapshot of your system.

Return to posts index

Georg Boch
on Jan 23, 2012 at 9:02:30 am

Dear Mr. Cook

Rereading my initial post i had to realize that i mixed things up:
XDCAM Browser 2.0 and XDCAM Clipbrowser 2.6 both have the issue of the disappeared preview window.
However XDCAM Transfer works.

Ill sent you the xml file.

Thanks
Best Regards

Return to posts index

Clint Stringfellow
on Apr 17, 2012 at 7:05:26 pm

Was there ever a resolution to this? I am experiencing the same problem on about half of the systems here at work. All of us are running on identical 2x2.66 GHz 6-core Mac Pros on OSX 10.6.8, yet half of the computers run XDCAM Browser and Clip Browser fine, while the other half have no preview window and cannot playback clips until we export them for NLE. I can't find anything different on the machines that would cause half of them to not work properly. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 17, 2012 at 9:03:09 pm

Make sure your Sony Software is up to date (XDCAM Transfer, ClipBrowser and both being replaced by XDCAM Browser).

Return to posts index

Clint Stringfellow
on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:54:30 pm

Files are up to date. I know clip browser was replaces with Browser, but the Browser download was trial only and the trial period rand out. That being said, the problem existed with the current version of Browser during the trial period.

Return to posts index

Clint Stringfellow
on Apr 19, 2012 at 9:55:18 pm

*replaced

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]