FORUMS: list search recent posts

PMW EX3 Crashed!!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Harvey
PMW EX3 Crashed!!!
on Apr 6, 2011 at 4:49:55 pm

Hello,

Hopefully someone can help me with what appears to be a serious problem with my EX3 before I send it off to the repair center and spend lots of money:

When I boot the camera up using either the battery or DC power lead the camera will operate normally for about two minutes then it will freeze up and no buttons will work (but strangely the zoom will) and the camera will not switch off. The only way I can switch off the power is to eject the battery and the camera will not switch on again immediately after doing so. If I leave it about half an hour with the battery off the camera will boot up when I attach power source and the same fault will show itself again sometimes right away, sometimes after a few moments.

I've tried a multitude of "fixes" to no avail:

1. Switch to media - all reset.
2. Remove old backup battery.
3. Change numerous camera settings and video formats.
4. Serice menu does not show any errors.
5. Tried different SXS & SDHC media.
6. Removed the camera lens and booted up.
7. Many others.

Please could someone suggest anything that might help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Rich.

Return to posts index

Joe Tyler
Re: PMW EX3 Crashed!!!
on Apr 10, 2011 at 4:42:22 pm

Rich,
I have no good news for you. Sound like a serious issue with either the main board or onboard memory. I think you would best be served by contacting Sony unless you know an engineer that is wiz on the EX3.

Usually having to remove batteries/power for long periods of time after a lockup of any electrical device points to memory getting 'stuck' and maintaining voltage, it could also be a pretty nasty board issue.

Good Luck

http://www.killianthered.com
DP in the Washington DC Area
EX3 Owner

Return to posts index

Richard Harvey
on Apr 10, 2011 at 5:03:10 pm

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your input, looks like I'm going to have to spend quite a bit of money since the camera is out of warranty :-( - last I heard, the main boards cost £1200!

Rich.

Return to posts index

Muhammad Zahid
on Feb 3, 2014 at 5:53:49 am

hi
i think your camera main mother board DPR-289 faulty,
please send it hang condition picture

M zahid

Return to posts index

Muhammad Zahid
on Aug 25, 2014 at 9:19:01 am

these camera i think main motherboard DPR-289 faulty or may be communication error

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]