FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX3 Card Slot Problem Alignment

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Billings
EX3 Card Slot Problem Alignment
on Apr 5, 2011 at 10:38:00 pm

Anyone have problems with their EX3 Card Slot not accepting cards? Meaning they do not want to slide into either card slot. Camera and cards have worked perfectly for 1.5 years. Something seems to be misaligned inside the card slots. I certainly do not want to force the cards into the camera. May need to send it to Able Cine for service unless someone else has a quick fix for this issue?

Return to posts index

Greg Ondera
Re: EX3 Card Slot Problem Alignment
on Apr 6, 2011 at 5:56:10 am

Are you sure something hasn't fallen in there? Did you check pin bending and shine a flashlight in there with a magnifying glass?

Greg Ondera
http://www.Plexus.tv
http://www.SurgeonToday.org

Return to posts index

Dan Billings
on Apr 6, 2011 at 7:13:00 pm

No the pins are fine and there is nothing in the slots. It's actually hanging up when the cards are only about 1 inch into the slot, it's exactly the same on slot1 and slot2. I can finesse the cards and actually get them fully inserted but you can feel drag or tension as the card slides in. I don't want to force them (finesse) them in.

Return to posts index

Dan Billings
on Apr 7, 2011 at 9:21:59 pm

Fixed the problem on my own. Inside each card slot there are two small metal tabs. Thes tabs put a slight tension on the cards as they slide in and out. They are located on the right side of each slot, one at the top and one at the bottom. Normally the tabs are bent slightly and the tip faces into the slot allowing each card to slide in. The problem here is the tips had been bent outward toward the opening of each slot. This prevented the cards from entering the slots. I simply bent the tabs back in the correct direction. Problem solved without expensive service.
This camera was used in a normal shooting conditions so the tabs just got bent in the wrong direction by removing the cards in the normal fashion. Watch out for this with your EX3 if the cards stop sliding in. You may want to fix this yourself if you can be careful enough with a small tweaker.

Return to posts index

Dave Morrison
on Apr 8, 2011 at 2:19:24 am

It almost sounds like one of your cards might have a tiny edge sticking up and catching these springs. You might want to check all your cards and see if there is something sticking out. It won't have to be off by much to cause this problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]