FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony ex1 verses the Sony HXR/MC50

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oonagh Cousins
Sony ex1 verses the Sony HXR/MC50
on Mar 29, 2011 at 6:03:06 pm

I'm a relatively budding film maker making documentaries on the go. I'm often on the move and need to turn out clean, well produced films fast for commissions.
Up till now I've been using the Sony V1, which I love. I have just secured funding to get my own camera and would like to get something as close to the V1 as possible but without using MiniDV tapes. So, something with a good internal memory and option for extra SD card memory.
The EX-1 is what I've been recommended but it costs a pretty penny, the HXR/MC50 looks to me (the untrained eye) to be relatively similar but cheaper. Can anyone advise me on the difference? I don't need a top of the range pro-camera yet and I don't want to rip off my funder, but also need to get the best possible camera for the opportunity I have. They are funding me to make good films after all.
I need the camera to be compatible with final cut pro which I use on my macbook pro.
Any and all advice would be most welcome.
Thanks for your time...

Return to posts index

jim stamos
Re: Sony ex1 verses the Sony HXR/MC50
on Apr 1, 2011 at 7:17:37 am

i would pass on the 50 and take a hard look at the new nx70u that will debut at nab. looks very good and should sell for around 2800.00

check it out. i wouldnt get the 50.
heres the link.

http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/micro-nxcamsite/resource.latest.bbsccms-assets...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]