FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-3 power off and on

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve siegel
EX-3 power off and on
on Mar 25, 2011 at 3:47:35 am

I am new to the EX-3, and one thing I have noticed is that there is no "standby" setting for the power. My previous camcorder would automatically go into a battery-sparing "standby power mode" after a few minutes of not filming. The only way to do this in the EX-3 seems to be to actually turn it off. Considering that I would want to power down, then up again, 10-20 times or more in a day's shooting, it looks like a big strain on the switch, and on the circuitry (like your mother told you "Don't keep turning the lights on and off, they will burn out").
Anyone have an opinion on this?

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: EX-3 power off and on
on Mar 25, 2011 at 3:59:06 am

Leave it on.

It uses so little power you can keep it on; with no heads spinning there's not much else to "save". I shot about 7 hours yesterday and used only two batteries (BP-60), the second still had over 180 minutes remaining when we were done.

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.3 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite - FC7.0.2 - CS4 Prod Prem.

Return to posts index

Daniel Startek
Re: EX-3 power off and on
on Mar 25, 2011 at 10:11:16 am

And the Sony BPs are smaller and lighter than ABs or NP1s too! Although powering off prevents accidental recording while transporting to the next setup. It has happened!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]