FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDHC Import

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Farris
SDHC Import
on Mar 15, 2011 at 7:45:24 pm

I've been testing out the Sony SXS SDHC adaptor and I'm having problems importing my clips. In ClipBrowser the card shows up but the clips don't show up in the SonyExCam folder. When I open the card in explorer, I can find the raw MP4 files.

I have the same issue when using the Premier Pro CS5 file browser. When I open the card in file mode I see the file tree but in EX mode nothing. Normal SxS cards open fine in both programs. Any idea why I'm not seeing media?

Also should the file structure different for Sxs Cards and SDHC? My SDHC card has a privet folder at its root.

Thanks for helping out.

-Chris

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: SDHC Import
on Mar 15, 2011 at 8:27:54 pm

Clip Browser and Premiere are expecting to see the BPAV folder on the root. If you navigate to the folder that contains BPAV the files should show up properly.

Return to posts index

Christopher Farris
on Mar 15, 2011 at 8:57:09 pm

Thanks Ian,

Now I'm having another problem. Premier sees the folder as a EX folder but it doesn't display the clips. If I drag and drop the BPAV folder into a bin the files show up.

I'm still not getting clips to show up in ClipBrowser even though it sees it as a EX Folder.

If I set up the folder structure by hand, like it's on the SxS card, and not in the camera will the camera write to it?

Thanks for your help,
-Chris

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Mar 15, 2011 at 9:26:39 pm

If you format it by hand the camera will likely accept it but give you a 'Media Needs to be Restored' warning when it doesn't see the Mediapro.XML file.

If you've been handling the contents and moving/renaming the files you may have broken or deleted some of the metadata. Try using Clip Browser to manually import the files (highlight a destination in the Explorer window, then File-->Import) and then copy that BPAV back to the card. If that's more work than you want to invest in files you can already import by other means, format the card (after copying your files, of course) record a clip and see if it continues to behave the same way.

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Mar 16, 2011 at 2:11:24 pm

Chris:

I'm not sure how you are importing. Are you hooking up your camera directly? Or, are you copying the BPAV folder to your drive first?

I don't use clip browser anymore since CS5 and Final Cut will import directly from your BPAV folder. Also, make sure you import the entire BPAV folder without changing the content.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Christopher Farris
on Mar 16, 2011 at 3:04:24 pm

Thanks Brent and Ian,

I've tired copying the whole card to our G|SpeedEs Pro and importing off the card from a HDSC card reader. I got the same results.

I can import the files through the Premier Pro file browser but I can't preview the files. I have to import the whole BVPA folder into a bin to see the clips.

We're going to try copying the file structure off of an blank Sxs card to the SDHC card. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for all of your help!
-Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]