FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcend 32gb that works perfectly, with full overcrank

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Palmos
Transcend 32gb that works perfectly, with full overcrank
on Mar 12, 2011 at 8:51:39 pm

Hello all,

Well, I thought I should let you know that I have just filmed 720p at 60fps repeatedly with no errors, and also recorded a 720p 25 clip non stop for 114 minutes! No errors or problems at all. I overcranked as much as I could and this card worked without a fault.

I had flashed my camera's firmware to 1.25, its VERY easy to do, but am not certain it was definitely that which caused it to work, because I also bought another class 10 Transcend stick, which looks slightly different from the 32 Gb stick that did not work for more than 27 or 13 mins.

The Transecend card that DOES work has "Transcend" written in white over a RED band. The Transcend card that did not work was also class 6 but had a BLUE band.

Im going to buy a bunch of these.
Fantastic value.

Mark.
PS to flash your firmware, look at this vimeo video which explains how http://www.vimeo.com/10106072

Return to posts index

Alan Lacey
Re: Transcend 32gb that works perfectly, with full overcrank
on Mar 13, 2011 at 6:21:17 pm

Be careful Mark before you purchase a dozen. I've done the same thing, not recently though and not with Transcend, and found that some work and some don't even though the cards are (so call, and identified as) identical.

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
Re: Transcend 32gb that works perfectly, with full overcrank
on Mar 13, 2011 at 6:32:47 pm

Ok cool, thanks for the warning... Perhaps I will open one, test it, open another, test it... just to make sure each one works...

but I am pretty happy about that, great for conference/concert shooting.

cheers
Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]