FORUMS: list search recent posts

iPad 2 just announced by Steve Jobs

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Dunn
iPad 2 just announced by Steve Jobs
on Mar 2, 2011 at 6:56:20 pm

Includes HDMI out or cable adaptors, not clear on this. iMovie, multitrack recording.

Still waiting for specs to upload to see how I can ingest my XDCam files.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: iPad 2 just announced by Steve Jobs
on Mar 2, 2011 at 7:57:48 pm

New iMovie for iPad looks impressive.
Imagine editing H.264 files with titles, transitions, FX on a tiny A5 processor, with little rendering time.
Editing native mpeg2 files in an mp4 wrapper would be a piece of cake if there were a way to ingest and install the decoder.

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Mar 2, 2011 at 9:37:25 pm

One thing: make sure you know what kind of camera it has first, and right now the specs on Apple's site are not very specific, and I think that's intentional.

I have an iPod Touch (4th gen) and am extremely disappointed. As it turns out, it does not have the 5 megapixel camera with autofocus that the iPhone 4 has. It has a cheesy little fixed-focus camera that shoots 960x720.

The reason I read for the iPod's camera was that the iPod is too thin to house the iPhone camera. The iPad 2 just came out, and wow is it thin. My guess is that it has the iPod camera, not the iPhone one. If so, iMovie isn't going to be so iMpressive on it.

Cf

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Mar 3, 2011 at 3:50:55 pm

They also promote the 1080p viewing, but the video is only 720p. I'm sure they didn't want 1080p simply because the dual core system couldn't handle the editing with their iMovie app.

I'm happy with the video mirroring. This will help with many presentations and video sharing. If you pair it up with the iTV you can wirelessly send the signal to it and have it show up on an HDTV. I'm still trying to see if there is an adaptor from the iTV that'll hook up to a non-HD projector. Right now it looks like it'll only hook up to an HD TV with the HDMI. I know you can hook up the iPad with their cable adaptors directly to the projector.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite