FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW 500 media download

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Marsh
Sony PMW 500 media download
on Feb 25, 2011 at 10:19:09 pm

I have a Sony PMW 500 to demo for the weekend (finally). I did a quick test shoot to rehearse downloading media from the camera. We have downloaded and installed the XDCAM Transfer 2_7_1. When we opened up Final Cut and tried to Import (using Sony XDCAM) no media showed up. After further reading, the camera users guide asks that the camera OUTPUT & iLINK be enabled. That menu item, found by going to Menu / OP/ Input-Output / is blacked out. It reads "Disabled" but the cursor skips over it. Any thoughts out there.

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: Sony PMW 500 media download
on Feb 26, 2011 at 12:34:04 pm

I haven't used that particular camera so I probably can't help beyond mentioning that, although this is probably not the issue, it'll still be best to use the most current version of the software (2.12).

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/sony-software-model-PDZKP1.aspx

You also have the option of using XDcam Browser instead of XDcam Transfer, but I don't have a link to that one handy.

As discussed in the thread a few lines down "i want my XDcam Transfer back please", it's not particularly easy to find so look at the version numbers carefully.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
Re: Sony PMW 500 media download
on Feb 28, 2011 at 2:38:55 pm

Hi Richard,

You should use Transfer v 2.12 or XDCAM Browser 1.1. Also, the file transfers are done over USB, not i.LINK. i.LINK is strictly for a real-time video stream.

Best,

Ian

Ian Cook
Sony Broadcast and Professional Company

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]