FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving Picture Profiles to SxS card

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Rockman
Saving Picture Profiles to SxS card
on Feb 25, 2011 at 12:00:35 am

Hi Cows,

Can someone please tell me how to save my EX3 picture profiles to a SxS card...and then how to export them to a second EX3 camera.

Cheers

Josh Rockman
Video Production Melbourne

Return to posts index

Josh Rockman
Re: Saving Picture Profiles to SxS card
on Feb 25, 2011 at 12:53:19 am

Found the answer to my own question...

It is a simple procedure to save these camera settings, as well as a single Picture Profile, to a SxS card for quick camera setup for future use, or to setup another Sony EX-3. (Please keep in mind, that whenever transferring “looks” and gamma and color settings from one camera to another, the resulting images may vary. That is why in critical situations, it is necessary to utilize a high quality test chart and instruments, such as a waveform monitor and vectorscope, especially when matching cameras on a multi-camera project.)

Once you have finished selecting the various camera settings in the main menu and chosen a Picture Profile that you have created, simply open the main menu, choose the last option, “OTHERS” and then the second option, “CAMERA DATA”. This is where you can save (“STORE”) the settings to a pre-loaded formatted SxS card, or load (“RECALL”) settings from a previously created SxS card.
With a SxS card inserted in one of the slots, use the main menu to either "store" a profile on a card, or "recall" a profile from a card. Unfortunately at this time, although the camera's internal memory will save up to 6 picture profiles, only 1 profile will save per card.

With a SxS card inserted in one of the slots, use the main menu to either "store" a profile on a card, or "recall" a profile from a card. Unfortunately at this time, although the camera's internal memory will save up to 6 picture profiles, only 1 profile will save per card.

Josh Rockman
Video Production Melbourne

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:40:20 pm

Josh, all this is clearly explained in the 'must watch' DVD workshop by Doug Jensen of Vortex Media. Although I haven't checked this I think you're wrong that only one PP can be saved on a card. Any setting made on a given EX (including PP's) is stored and automatically available when recalled on another EX.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Daniel Startek
on Feb 25, 2011 at 4:58:01 pm

I think he means one SET of profiles which = 6 individual profiles. This is what is saved/recalled.

Return to posts index

Ian Cook
on Feb 25, 2011 at 8:31:14 pm

The setup file saved to the card contains all 6 picture profiles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]