FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW Demo

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Marsh
Sony PMW Demo
on Feb 17, 2011 at 12:43:00 pm

Anyone having trouble getting a hands-on demo of the new Sony PMW 500? I've read the hype. I like the specs. Now I want to see the image it produces. I've been trying to set up a demo with two different vendors for three weeks. One dealer sent me an email yesterday and said he could show me one the third week of March. B&H Photo has 6 in stock, but doesn't have one open on the floor to show. The salesman said that they have a 14 day return period.
Am I living in the past, where gas station attendants wash your windshield while they fill your tank? Any suggestions? I have several HD jobs coming up soon and I don't want to continue renting. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: Sony PMW Demo
on Feb 17, 2011 at 2:29:35 pm

I know it will be an annoying answer but I can't resist saying that I'm certain that this would not be a problem with our friendly and helpful suppliers here in the UK.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Richard Marsh
on Feb 17, 2011 at 3:11:07 pm

If someone in London wanted to demo the Sony PMW 500 today, is there a dealer that could make that happen? Too bad I don't have any business in London, because I just checked, round trip to Heathrow is $733. When you consider the cost of renting an HD camera, one could make an argument that it would be worth it.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Feb 17, 2011 at 9:24:49 pm

Richard, I'm sure there are many places where they would demo for you but the one I use is a few miles out of London called Top-Teks. Why don't you E Mail or call Sony UK and they could advise you. That's if you really are planning on taking a trip. It's night here now but I could call Sony sometime if you want.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Richard Marsh
on Feb 18, 2011 at 12:53:00 am

I'd love to fly to London. ($733 round trip) Been there twice on business and had a really good time. I even rented and drove a car in London. No easy task for a Yank. But the good news is I learned today that my contact in New York (Abel Cine Tech) convinced Sony to send a camera over this coming Tuesday. It means a 6 hour drive one way, but It's worth it to get to the bottom of the this camera. If it looks good, I buy one. Thanks for your comments.

Return to posts index

Allan Barnwell
on Feb 17, 2011 at 10:19:28 pm

Richard,

We have a PMW-500 demo unit on hand here in Austin, Texas. We also have a rental department to complement our sales side.

For those interested, we've also got a PMW-F3 available.

Allan
Omega Broadcast Group
http://www.omegabroadcast.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]