FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rolling and strobbing like a shutter - Ex1 Problem

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Gray
Rolling and strobbing like a shutter - Ex1 Problem
on Feb 16, 2011 at 12:05:30 pm

Hi All,

I've got a massive problem, a client has just given me some footage which has all I can explain is a rolling stob problem. The footage was shot on an ex1 and when i shot most stuff on it I could also see the strobbing effect on this camera and it didn't matter what shutter speed you were at.

I hear this is a common problem with the EX1 as I've seen on other places but everyone has said to reshoot....

But my main question is is there an FCP, AE fix for this or plugin that I can use? And is there any hardware updates that I can download to sort this out on their EX1 to save me the headache?

Cheers
J

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: Rolling and strobbing like a shutter - Ex1 Problem
on Feb 16, 2011 at 5:29:55 pm

I think this happened when they made it slow motion. Is there a way to get the original footage or was it shot this way. The EX-1 and -3 shoot perfect slo-mo so I wonder if they processed it in some way. Check and see if this is the original footage. If it is I'm not sure if you can save it but maybe someone else has an idea.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 16, 2011 at 5:50:22 pm

Without a detailed description from you all one can do is speculate why it happened but outside of certain indoor lighting conditions, I don't have this happen.

Reshoot is the only way to fix it but you should have a DP who knows how to spot this otherwise you're going to experience again under the same shooting conditions.

Return to posts index

Duncan Craig
on Feb 22, 2011 at 9:00:21 pm

Strobing is generally caused when you have the shutter set to 1/50th and the country you are in has an electricity supply at 60Hz or vice versa.

EX1
MBP
Short fingernails

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]