FORUMS: list search recent posts

EXDCAM files to CS on PC

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith greenfield
EXDCAM files to CS on PC
on Feb 11, 2011 at 3:53:47 pm

I have a client in the U.S. running CS4/5 on a PC.
I shoot on a EX1R then log and transfer from BPAV direct to FCP via the import menu if I am editing here.

Rather than sending the BPAV folders every time I would like to unwrap the mpg2 and send just the resulting .movs
When checking the format with Streamclip it shows as:
XDCAM EX 1080p30 (35 Mb/s VBR), 1920 × 1080, 29.97 fps, 34.55 Mbps - plays just fine.

So heres the problem:
I access directly the BPAV with the XDCAM Transfer utility - not going via FCP.
I make a few trims on the footage line up the subclips in the logging window and hit 'import'. Note this not from within FCP.

When my client in the US tries to import into Premiere he gets a message 'missing codec or plugin'.

However not a problem when supply the BPAV folders?

What is this file I am getting out off XDCAM Transfer???? Doh

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: EXDCAM files to CS on PC
on Feb 11, 2011 at 4:36:12 pm

He does not have XDCAM EX .mov (Quicktime) component nor will he without FCP installed.

Calibrated Software makes a component that allows playback of EX .mov files on non FCP system.
http://www.calibratedsoftware.com/QXD.asp
He'd have to download the demo and see if Premiere will support this.

BPAV is not in .mov wrapper.

I think you are creating a headache and expense for your client IMHO. Give them BPAV.

Return to posts index

keith greenfield
on Feb 11, 2011 at 5:14:23 pm

Thanks Craig, so it seems that its QT that's the issue. Can PPro accept QT component? Just when I thought the PC v Mac thing had gone away.
just sent the BPAV as per. But you can see why I would like to just send the trimmed clips, the BPAV is going to contain pre/post roll...and the usual ground shots. Hey I wonder if one can trim clips within the BPAV? unlikely i guess. I always send trimmed lo res , watermarked previews out of XDCAM Clip Browser so at least hey can get some idea of how things are flowing along. hey ho.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 11, 2011 at 5:32:20 pm

[keith greenfield] "Can PPro accept QT component?"

The component comes from FCP. Alternately one can buy it from Calibrated Software. They'll have to test with a demo of Calibrated's component.

[keith greenfield] "just sent the BPAV as per. But you can see why I would like to just send the trimmed clips, the BPAV is going to contain pre/post roll...and the usual ground shots."

In ClipBrowser you can create new BPAV with selects. See ClipBrowser Manual "Creating clips by specifying ranges"

Return to posts index

keith greenfield
on Feb 11, 2011 at 5:35:34 pm

Wey hey...In ClipBrowser you can create new BPAV with selects. See ClipBrowser Manual "Creating clips by specifying ranges"
OH thanks mate...got to play with that now...I really must 'RTFM' sometime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]