FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wide angle lens adapter for Sony PMW 350K

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Marsh
Wide angle lens adapter for Sony PMW 350K
on Feb 7, 2011 at 4:37:30 pm

The Sony PMW 350K lens is only 8mm on the wide side. I've been spoiled by my current Canon lens which is 6mm. If I purchased a Sony PMW 350K version, I was considering buying a Schneider Optics .8x IF Wide Angle Converter which mounts on the front of the stock Fujinon lens and would give me about 20% more on the wide side. It's a zoom thru lens so it's kind of expensive($2,000 USD). Does anyone have any experience with these adapters regarding quality? If this doesn't pan out, what lenses are people buying for the 350L? I like the price of the 350K (lens being basically $2,000). The best I could find for the 350L was a Canon KJ 13x6 KRS without 2X for $11,000. Hence my search for another way to get wider with the stock Fujinon lens. Opinions and suggestions appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: Wide angle lens adapter for Sony PMW 350K
on Feb 7, 2011 at 5:09:02 pm

I am using the Century Pro Series HD .6X wide angle adapter MKIII. It is NOT zoom through but it only cost about $450 too. It has very good quality as long as I don't zoom more than about half of the zoom range. I use it on my EX-3 and it is made by Schneider Optics with Century's name on it. This may be a good option for you. Good luck.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Richard Marsh
on Feb 7, 2011 at 5:34:45 pm

Ron,

Sounds good. Maybe I should explore the non zoom through version to get that price down. Are you satisfied with the quality? Last time I used one of these adapters was with a BVP5 head and Beta SP. Didn't know if these lenses could make the HD jump. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
on Feb 7, 2011 at 6:30:30 pm

Yes, I like the quality as long as I keep in the first half of the zoom range. Above that and the edges get very blurred.

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]