FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX1 Slow motion workflow for Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Plamadeala
EX1 Slow motion workflow for Premiere Pro
on Jan 29, 2011 at 11:25:53 am

Hello,

I am shooting a short movie with a few dance moves and fight scenes, i would like to slow motion them in post.

I will be shooting with the ex1 in 720p50p and with the S&Q function set to 50. Will this be enough to shoot the actors getting hit by the punches in slow motion? Or the dance moves?

Is it possible i shoot everything with S&Q motion and then choose which shot to actually slow motion?

What is the workflow for slow motion in premiere pro? I have only found FCP and cinematools workflow.

Thank you,
Sebastian Plamadeala

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
Re: EX1 Slow motion workflow for Premiere Pro
on Jan 29, 2011 at 11:48:31 pm

"I will be shooting with the ex1 in 720p50p and with the S&Q function set to 50".

Sounds like PAL land...so I will try to work in those numbers.

If you set the EX1 camera to record 720/50p and then set S&Q to 50p you will be in essence shooting at 50p and it will play back at 50p (regular speed). If I understand you correctly, this is what you DO NOT want.

You want to set the camera to record in 720/25p mode and THEN set your S&Q to record at 50p. Then when you play it back it will play at 25p in slo-motion of 50%. Then when you are editing, your time-line should be set at 25p as well. When you want to play something back at real speed. increase speed to 200%.

Hope this helps.

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: EX1 Slow motion workflow for Premiere Pro
on Jan 30, 2011 at 9:50:38 pm

[Sebastian Plamadeala] "I will be shooting with the ex1 in 720p50p and with the S&Q function set to 50."
That makes no sense.
Shoot p50 overcranked to 25 (this will give you the best slow-mo you can get from that camera), or shoot plain p50 and conform to p25.

[Sebastian Plamadeala] "Is it possible i shoot everything with S&Q motion and then choose which shot to actually slow motion?"
When you overcranck you get the slow-mo ready from camera. All will be slow-mo.

[Sebastian Plamadeala] "What is the workflow for slow motion in premiere pro? I have only found FCP and cinematools workflow."
no idea how to proceed with Premier for "conforming".
You can always convert to Prores and Conform. Files will work with Premier.
when conforming ALWAYS work with duplicated files. hard to go back to original time-base once Conformed.
Cheers,
rafael

Sent From My MoviTron

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]