FORUMS: list search recent posts

EX-1 EVF Settings

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Tang
EX-1 EVF Settings
on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:43:02 pm

I live in the bright and sunny Hawaii. It's great but I have a deliema. Sometimes the sun is too bright and I can see my LCD well. The first thing I do is look through the EVF. But I'm unsure if my exposer and contrast is accurate. I want to know what are you settings for the EVF. I would love to hear how you rock your EX-1.

Mahalo!

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
Re: EX-1 EVF Settings
on Jan 23, 2011 at 11:17:38 am

This is the one great drawback with these great new cameras. After being used to the proper, old fashioned hi rez black and white view finders on the big SD Sony cameras I find the screens very difficult to focus on, even without bright sunlight. There are various hoods that you can fit which improve the vision and 'Hoodman' (look up their site) do a unit that fits over the screen with a glass which enlarges the picture for easier focus. The EX3 has this as standard but then you may not want that model, it's heavier and more expensive. I wouldn't even try to use the EFV on the EX1 for anything other than framing. The colours are not good enough to judge exposure and no way can you focus accurately enough using that.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]