FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony PMW-EX3 Eyecup

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Sorrenti
Sony PMW-EX3 Eyecup
on Jan 11, 2011 at 6:07:14 pm

Hello fellow XDCAM users! Does anyone know where I can get a replacement eyecup for my Sony PMW-EX3 camera. I am having troubles going through the Sony site probably because I am not an authorized Sony tech. The part # 387820802 EYE CUP

Return to posts index

Rick Diamond
Re: Sony PMW-EX3 Eyecup
on Jan 11, 2011 at 6:53:26 pm

I just bought one. Originally I tried to order from the Sony site but shipping was around $45. I ended up calling Sony and ordering with an actual human. Shipping was around $12.

Rick

Return to posts index

Christopher Sorrenti
on Jan 11, 2011 at 6:56:10 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jan 12, 2011 at 3:56:33 pm

Now if they would make cameras for "Lefties." My right eye doesn't work as well as my left, so I have to mount it backwards and use my left eye........not ideal for shoulder mounted cameras.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 12, 2011 at 6:24:26 pm

It is such a pain for us 'lefties', I have tried many systems in order to be able to view the EX1 screen through an eyepiece only to be foiled by the 'leftie' syndrome. I now merely try and ensure that the screen is shaded as well as possible and use the 'expanded focus' whenever there is time.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 12, 2011 at 6:38:52 pm

I am rather fortunate that I have ambidextrous eyesight and have found that I'm equally inept on both ;-0

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Clint Fleckenstein
on Jan 12, 2011 at 7:20:24 pm

I'm right-handed but left eye dominant...that makes running a video camera quite interesting, not to mention shooting a rifle. Handguns are easy, thankfully. Good thing so many camcorders these days allow their eyepiece to slide out a long ways to the left, or I'd be in a state of permanent migraine!

Cf

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:53:14 pm

Not a lot of shooting over here in the UK Clint, but I do recall 55 years ago during my military service having great problems, both with the NCO instructor and the rifle! Cameras are rather less lethal thank goodness.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Brent Dunn
on Jan 14, 2011 at 7:28:39 pm

I'm a confused multi-directional operator. I eat, write, rifle in left hand...all sports activities in my right....maybe I'm just a confused soul... : )

I have to use my left eye for focus or I'm really in trouble. Just started using the old dollar store reading glasses to help. I've never worn glasses, but now I'm getting older and the eyes are starting to go south.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite