FORUMS: list search recent posts

SxS Card Stuck!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Settlemoir
SxS Card Stuck!
on Jan 9, 2011 at 5:48:03 pm

I have an EX-1. I put a card in slot A. I went to eject card, but the eject button seems to be broken. Normally, you press the button, it pops out, then you press it again to eject the card. I think something is broken inside because when I press it, the button moves a bit, but doesn't pop out.

The card is not inserted wrong.

Is is safe to just pull the card straight out? Or is there a mechanism that locks the card into place?

I need to get this card out! The shoot is today!!

Thanks,
Chris

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: SxS Card Stuck!
on Jan 9, 2011 at 7:12:42 pm

I would not yank the card out.
The awkward workaround is to transfer the video from the camera directly. If the button itself is broken, pulling it out isn't going to improve things for your shoot when the next card also gets stuck.

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Jan 9, 2011 at 10:00:51 pm

I remember someone had this EXACT problem and posted to this forum. I think it was about eight months ago, you may try and search for it. They were advised on a clever way to get the card out but I can't remember what it was.

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 10, 2011 at 3:50:04 am

It wasn't quite the same problem, Michael but you're on the right track. George Pagliero had put his card in back to front and it became stuck. He was in a remote location in Chile at the time and couldn't find a paper clip as was suggested. He eventually used a blade from his leatherman and managed to dislodge the card.

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

Christopher Settlemoir
on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:09:08 am

I simply used a small pair of needle nose pliers. The card pulls out with ease. Problem solved.

Return to posts index

Don Greening
on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:48:42 am

But is the eject mechanism for that slot broken or is it okay?

- Don

Don Greening
Reeltime Videoworks
http://www.reeltimevideoworks.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]