FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nano!!!

COW Forums : Sony XDCAM - EX & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Palmer
Nano!!!
on Dec 30, 2010 at 8:36:37 pm

I just want to take the time to acknowledge the amazing images from my EX3 recording to my Nano Flash. I love all the features of the Nano Flash and I have the ultimate respect Convergent-Design for making this wonderful little digital recorder.

Anyone else?

BTW, see how easy it is to say positive statements and how easy it is to make others go away.

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: Nano!!!
on Dec 30, 2010 at 8:58:36 pm

Do you know how it compares to the new KiPro mini?

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Dec 30, 2010 at 10:16:19 pm

I haven't seen the Kipro Mini? Has anyone?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 31, 2010 at 1:08:42 am

Hi Michael,
I don't think has been yet released.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

William Urschel
on Dec 31, 2010 at 11:43:13 am

Michael:

YES! What an absolutely wonderful device and worth its weight in gold, platinum, etc.. I'm running (and have been running mine at
100 Mbps, long GOP, and find the images from my EX1 stunning, even moreso than the conventional 35 Mbps. Many here and elsewhere apparently tout the Nano's usefulness as most evident in post manipulations, green screen apps, etc., but I find it just awesomly
useful for all my work, because of: 1) improved reduction of artifacts/noise in "normal" shots, reduction even beyond the great output of the EX1 at 35 Mbps, 2) particularly notable improvement of boarderline shots in the dark, with or without gain boosts, and 3) most definite improvement of smearing reduction during quick pan shots. I know that there are many that would dispute some or all of what I have just said. But doggone it, this is what I see when viewed on one of my three test set-ups for reviewing final production on a 1080 30p 109 inch screen, as well as a secondary 42 inch 1080 30p LCD monitor - a third test screen does not show any discernable difference.

Additionally, we all know about the superb Customer Service of Convergent Designs' staff - they go beyond the pale in their responsiveness and their apparent technical acumen. Nuff said!

With interest, I have been reading posts of users of some of the other new, somewhat comparable, and certainly less expensive devices on the market. So far I'm not interested in any of them, though they may have some great features and performance. I have in hand, with the Nano a device with which I am pleased as punch. Short of the EX-1, its the best device that has "happened" to me in the last several years. The reliability of its operation and the service provided speak for themselves.

In closing, and in view of my "glowing" comments, I guess I should say that I am in no way affiliated with the folks in Colorado Springs. Michael, thanks for bringing up the topic.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]